View Full Version : Is this funny?

Pierre Auge
05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
http://capitalcrossfit.blogspot.com/2007/05/oh-to-have-camera.html

Brad Hirakawa
05-09-2007, 07:09 PM
As funny at my coffee mug at work:

http://store.theonion.com/product_info.php?products_id=149

(The mug is directed towards some folks at work, not the readers/writers on this forum!!)

Steve Shafley
05-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Sleep deprivation, rhabo, and fasting do strange things to a man's sense of humor, Pierre...you'll be ok.

In time.

Pierre Auge
05-09-2007, 07:47 PM
LOL, Brad thats pretty funny...

STEVE I GOT A NEW BED TODAY! NO MORE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR - SWEET ---

I think that was perhaps the greatest impact on my quality of sleep what do you think?

Steve Shafley
05-10-2007, 05:19 AM
I would imagine so.

What kind of bed did you get? I've got to say my Tempurpedic completely blows away every mattress I've ever slept on, EXCEPT...

In the Best Western, in Iron Mountain, Michigan, they had what I could only call a magical mattress. I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, it was 9 hours later. My shoulders, neck and back all felt great.

If I would have had my truck, that mattress would have been mine. It looked normal, just some kind of Sealy Posturpedic, but I have never found a mattress to duplicate it.

Crazy.

Derek Simonds
05-10-2007, 06:26 AM
I could write a novel centering around hotel beds. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Wednesday night in Toms River NJ and it had one of the worst beds I have slept on in a long time. I like a firm bed but this was more like a board that didn't have any give at all.

Hilton has a new program where that are upgrading the beds in all their branded hotels. I stay at Hampton Inns a lot while traveling and it sucks when you get to a hotel and they have the old beds.

Pierre I vote that your new word is added to the PM dictionary.

That photo by Grace Chen is amazing. Her work blows me away every time I come across it. When I look at the athlete frozen in time I think of what Coach Glassman was saying in the open letter to trainers he wrote about seeking perfection. I can't remember the exact terms he used but in that photo the gymnast is exhibiting a major level of perfection.

Brad I don't drink coffee but I am ordering one of those mugs for my desk. I am going to put up a sign that reads "Answer # 1 see mug!". When someone asks me a stupid question I will simply point to the sign.

Pierre Auge
05-10-2007, 07:13 AM
yeah its a great pic, that girl is mid flip and rotation. She lands on her feet facing the other direction. Great shot, and that is a BAD low res version of it.

The word you're looking for, it is Virtuosity, been trying to live by that since I first new what the word meant.

To do the common un-commonly well.

Yael Grauer
05-10-2007, 11:27 PM
This is as funny as the mug! (Not directed towards readers of this forum, of course.)

http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fuck-up.shtml