PDA

View Full Version : I Heart New Orleans or How Paleo is Rum?

Jamila Bey
05-12-2007, 06:17 PM
JazzFest (and my 2nd wedding anniversary) ROCKED totally.

And even though I had Hurricanes and beignets for breakfast, I still came back two pounds lighter than I went because of all the (ahem) walking (ahem) we did for exercise!

I think there should be a PM gathering in New Orleans where we bond over liquor, lifting and Cajun food. I've got tons of airline miles and I'm dying to use 'em!

Derek Simonds
05-13-2007, 02:51 AM
I am in!

Hurricanes are definitely not Paleo but when in Rome. For some reason I remember that rum and diet coke is low carb drink?

I have a lot of clients in New Orleans and travel there often. You can eat yourself silly in that town.

I spoke at a conference at a Ritz last Sunday and Monday and took my wife. Funny thing we both came back lighter than when we left. It must be the (ahem) hotel walking. :D

Robb Wolf
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I was thinking DC for a first PM schwa-re...New Orleans might beat that before we even make it to the strip clubs! I'm in.

Allen Yeh
05-15-2007, 04:46 AM
I was thinking DC for a first PM schwa-re...New Orleans might beat that before we even make it to the strip clubs! I'm in.

Woohoo! hehe

Russell Greene
05-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Here's another vote for DC area. Just make sure it's between september and mid may.

Derek Simonds
05-15-2007, 05:09 PM
DC works for me. So does New Orleans, Pheonix, LA or Vegas. My only wish is that it is a non stop flight, the lifting is sweet and the drinks are cold.

I will be starting a new thread shortly about my PM Pilmigrage. I hope to have details worked out by the end of the week.

Yael Grauer
05-15-2007, 05:19 PM
DC works for me. So does New Orleans, Pheonix, LA or Vegas. My only wish is that it is a non stop flight, the lifting is sweet and the drinks are cold.

I vote for Phoenix, LA, Vegas, etc. :)

Jamila Bey
05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh... DC is alright but there's a 10% sales tax on food, you've got tour busses taking up all the parking, and if you come here during the summer you'll have groups of similarly-dressed busses masquerading as "healthy" Americans standing cluelessly in front of buildings going "It's all the (Democrats/Republicans) fault!"

08 looms... stay away.

Oh wait- I live here so it's not all bad.

Yael Grauer
05-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh... DC is alright but there's a 10% sales tax on food, you've got tour busses taking up all the parking, and if you come here during the summer you'll have groups of similarly-dressed busses masquerading as "healthy" Americans standing cluelessly in front of buildings going "It's all the (Democrats/Republicans) fault!

LOL. Also, every time I go to DC I somehow manage to get lost on "M" street.

Allen Yeh
05-16-2007, 03:48 AM

I will be starting a new thread shortly about my PM Pilmigrage. I hope to have details worked out by the end of the week.

From you to DC...not sure about the non stop flight stuff....but the PM crew will guarantee the thing about the lifting. I or Jamila will be in charge of the cold drinks.

Brickskeller anyone? http://www.thebrickskeller.com/