Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Nutrition (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Six weeks in! (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214)

THOMAS RICHARDS 06-19-2007 10:03 AM

Six weeks in!

six weeks in I weighed 218 this morning (down from 242), w.o.d.s continue to improve, still don't feel gassed. Have really lost the desire to cheat with the snack machine, although I really haven't fine tuned my diet 85-90% paleo still drink some beer on the weekends have a burger or so stay away from the fries. Here is what I am doing

6:00 am 4 eggs couple pieces of bacon maybe some blueberries

10:00 am almonds or peanuts need to ditch the peanuts

12:00 pm a good helping of lean meat 4-6 0z, 3-4 cups of green beans, or some mixed berries

2:00 pm maybe some almonds not always tend to get addicted

drink diet drinks and water throughout the day know I need to quit the sodas!

I would really like to thank everyone for there info still have about 30lbs of fat to reach my goal, but this is one of the easiest lifestyle changes I have ever made and I still basically have fun on the weekends and haven't slacked up in the gym!! thanks again!

Steve Shafley 06-19-2007 10:28 AM

Nice!

Chris Forbis 06-19-2007 11:24 AM

Good work.

Elliot Royce 06-19-2007 11:29 AM

nice job....I bet energy levels are up as well.

Garrett Smith 06-19-2007 12:00 PM

Good job! Keep it up, these changes definitely don't all come overnight...

THOMAS RICHARDS 06-20-2007 03:52 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement, energy levels are way up! Yesterday I rocked It out according to me for my w.o.d.

185# deadlift
parallette push-up
vertical jumps

reps of 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 for a time of 10:11, I just felt I had a wave of energy like never before, changes in my diet have seemed to knock 30-40%
off my times, what amazes me is I am still able to go home cut grass, work in my grandfathers garden etc. with no problems at all! But on the weekends, I really feel diffrent after I cheat a little and it may take me a day or so to recover!

Derek Weaver 11-16-2007 01:56 PM

Good work Thomas. I feel you on the cheating on the weekends. I've only been IF'ing for a very short while and noticed a significantly negative effect of cheating earlier this week.

That's a heck of a time for that work out also.

edit: Whoops, this thread's been idle for a while.

Anyway, how's the progress about 5/6 months out?

Frank Needham 11-17-2007 06:24 AM

Those almonds, sheesh, once I get started on them I've done scarfed 3 handfuls before I can stop. Way to go on the progress!

THOMAS RICHARDS 12-03-2007 09:13 AM

well I have let myself down and quit if, I am still going to crossfitnc 2-3 times a week, but, from what I have learned it will not be long before I get back on the if and clean eating deal, because I have finally figured out its 95% diet, my performance in the gym flat out sucks compared to what it was when I was on rocket fuel, no I am just putting kerosene into me a sputtering along! Its really all mental! Time to stop talking and start doing! thanks for all the support!

Derek Weaver 12-04-2007 07:47 PM

Good to see that you're about to get back on the paleo/if bandwagon Thomas.

Getting diet dialed in makes such a huge difference. Don't worry if you're good "only" 85-90% of the time. Keep your sanity and go out for a few beers now and then. have a burger once a week, maybe a couple slices of pizza.

Cheating isn't bad so long as it's not often (once a week max) and you keep it in check (don't eat a whole pizza unless you want to teach yourself a lesson.