Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Olympic Weightlifting (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Olympic Lifting Seminar in Boston with Greg and Aimee (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2871)

Xuan Mai Ho 08-11-2008 08:46 AM

Olympic Lifting Seminar in Boston with Greg and Aimee

I just got back from Greg and Aimee's Seminar in Boston and I must say that I had a great time. The instruction was top-notch - detailed, thorough and well thought-out. The corrections I received on my lifts were very helpful. Also, it helped my understanding to listen to them give cues/corrections to the other participants. Also, even though there must were a good number of participants at the seminar, I felt I got a good amount of individual attention.

I highly recommend anybody close enough to get to an O-Lifting seminar with them to attend. Especially if you don't get an opportunity to work regularly with an O-lifting coach.

Xuan Mai Ho 08-11-2008 09:05 AM

I almost forgot - the Crossfit Boston crew were incredibly gracious hosts and did a great job at organizing the whole affair!

Aimee Anaya Everett 08-11-2008 10:20 AM

THANKS!!
You have absolutely AMAZING potential to be a great lifter.

thank you for coming, you had fabulous questions and great spirit!

Good luck in your training!

Linda Winfield 08-11-2008 11:50 AM

I attended the seminar in Boston too and agree with the OP. I am quite new to the Olympic Lifts and the instruction that Greg and Aimee provided were perfect for me. All the demonstrations followed by hands on practice helped me tremendously -- especially my confidence. Thanks so much! I would and will recommend this to others.

Justin Algera 08-11-2008 12:54 PM

I have to echo what Xuan Mai said... From the training, the people, the fun, I can't recommend this seminar enough!!

Now back to Lost Battalion for a 2nd go around to get better at everything I learned these past 2 days.

sarena kopciel 08-11-2008 01:42 PM

Although I wasnt there this past weekend, I too attended a seminar with Greg and Aimee back in January and loved it. Their coaching was superb and has helped me grow and develop as an O-lifter, my sport of choice!

Larry Cook 08-12-2008 05:44 PM

Yea, great seminar with a fun group. Greg knows his stuff and explains it with just the right amount of information. The progressions are perfect. He's pretty entertaining, too. Both Greg and Aimee were very helpful in quickly correcting form faults. I'm sure everyone felt they left as better weightlifters.

Neal and the CF Boston crew are first rate hosts.

Steve Liberati 08-12-2008 06:09 PM

I'm going to attend Greg and Aimee's seminar in the near future even if it means robbing a bank to pay for it.

I have no doubt it is completely top notch.