Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Paleo Diet (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MILK SUCKS, for me! (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2987)

Steve Forman 09-06-2008 11:49 AM

MILK SUCKS, for me!

Its been 4 months since I have had milk. I've been doing really well and today decided to treat myself to a Latte. Not 5 min after drinking it I have the worst stomach ache and headache. Me thinks the squirts are coming soon. I feel horrible. I feel bad enough I dont wont to work out!

I wont do that again.

Mike ODonnell 09-06-2008 12:05 PM

Personally I have the same issues.....although I think the headaches are from all the artificial sweeteners they put in that stuff...as I get the same headache from diet soda (which I never drink). Throw some meat in the stomach....see if you can appease the angry gut gods....or drink a crap load of water and go sweat it out with exercise....release the toxins!!

Steve Forman 09-06-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike ODonnell (Post 38329)
Personally I have the same issues.....although I think the headaches are from all the artificial sweeteners they put in that stuff...as I get the same headache from diet soda (which I never drink). Throw some meat in the stomach....see if you can appease the angry gut gods....or drink a crap load of water and go sweat it out with exercise....release the toxins!!

I am glad to hear its the same with someone else.

sweeteners and stuff. Oh........... I guess that means I wont be treating myself to a Captain and Coke tonight. that was my next treat, as I am having a BBQ at my house. I guess Ill have to stick to beer.

Derek Weaver 09-06-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Forman (Post 38331)
I am glad to hear its the same with someone else.

sweeteners and stuff. Oh........... I guess that means I wont be treating myself to a Captain and Coke tonight. that was my next treat, as I am having a BBQ at my house. I guess Ill have to stick to beer.

Forget the Captain and Coke... real men drink beer and whiskey.

I don't do milk either by the way. I get stuffed up these days... and I am lactose intolerant. Makes for funny times, but uncomfortable.

Kevin Perry 09-06-2008 09:44 PM

uh i get a lot of red spots on my arms from drinking the milk... but hey its only temporary for another 3 weeks or so.

Jane Michel 09-07-2008 08:01 AM

Steve did you have any problems with milk before those 4 months?

Steve Forman 09-07-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicia Zhuang (Post 38346)

Actually I probably did, just didnt care, and never had as severe of a reaction like i did yesterday.

Mike ODonnell 09-07-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicia Zhuang (Post 38346)

I was fatter, bad acne and had sinusitis issues my whole pre-adult life until early 20s......but I kept drinking it feeling it was just part of growing up....then I dumped the huge milk consumption I was always doing and leaned up, cleared up and can breathe clearly. Wish I knew all this when I was a kid.

That and Guinness tastes way better.

Trygve Lunde 09-09-2008 05:13 AM

i think i struggle with the same problems, so i have to cut out milk/cream aswell

But do you react on butter, eggs and cheese Mike? since this is also dairy products.

Mike ODonnell 09-09-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trygve Lunde (Post 38485)
i think i struggle with the same problems, so i have to cut out milk/cream aswell

But do you react on butter, eggs and cheese Mike? since this is also dairy products.

No just milk gives the immediate reaction. I also try to rotate the other stuff so it's not routine in diet otherwise it could be possible to develop bad allergic reactions as well.