Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness, Strength & CrossFit (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Off the wagon... and then run over! :( (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3628)

Jamila Bey 01-08-2009 11:33 AM

Off the wagon... and then run over! :(

I gained only 31 pounds during my 10+ months of being pregnant. I just added another... oh 8 months to my weight.

I am so humiliated. At least Oprah can claim her thyroid made her do it!

(sigh) I'm fatter and more sleep-deprived than I've EVER been. And now I start from zero.

Happy New Year!

Garrett Smith 01-08-2009 11:47 AM

Do what you can to forgive yourself quickly and work on getting more sleep. Everything will be okay.

Cori just started going to Jazzercise regularly again.

Derek Simonds 01-08-2009 12:14 PM

It is different for everyone. You don't need to bang your head against the wall. As Dr. G. said get rest and you will be cool.

Mike ODonnell 01-08-2009 02:09 PM

As Vince Lombardi said "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." We all get knocked down time to time.....so time to get back up and fight the good fight as you know how.

Emily Mattes 01-08-2009 09:01 PM

Jamila, we could all drive ourselves crazy thinking about what we could have done, what we should have done. What we do now is what's important.

Jamila Bey 01-12-2009 12:56 PM

Well, since I respect the folks on this board, I'm using y'all to keep me accountable.

If I go more than 2 (TWO) days without working out, I vow to post a SAME DAY bikini shot. Since I'm trying to be kinder now that I have a baby and I hope to be a good example, I'll not subject my friends here to such a spectacle!

In the meantime, I'm glad the season for gluttony and merriment is done. I did not handle it well this year.

I started a workout log, and in a few weeks I think I'll add nutrition to it, but I'm trying to baby step my way to back where I was. I genuinely believe I looked better as a football player last summer than I did when I was in ROTC in college... But enough of that! I'm back on the wagon. Or at least chasing it down the road in hopes I can jump onto it!

Emily Mattes 01-13-2009 02:39 PM

Haha, that's the way to do it, Jamila. Myself, if I'm not at 155 or 19% body fat by mid-May, I gotta get a tattoo of a Disney princess on my ankle--and I am not a Disney princess sort of person.

Jamila Bey 01-14-2009 05:00 PM

I do so well with competition. I once lost 50 pounds a did a few modeling gigs after a horrible breakup where all I wanted to do was kill the *&#^*&#%!!

Too bad I'm so happy these days!

Allen Yeh 01-15-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamila Bey (Post 47715)
I do so well with competition. I once lost 50 pounds a did a few modeling gigs after a horrible breakup where all I wanted to do was kill the *&#^*&#%!!

Too bad I'm so happy these days!

Just look at what happens to bands/musicians after they become happy.

Thomas Bailly 01-17-2009 03:38 PM

geez, give yourself a break, you just had a baby! You were eating for 2,and that extra weight will come in handy to produce some nice rich milk for baby. Let your hormones balance out again, sweat a little, throw some weights around, eat clean and in reasonable amounts ,you'll be good to go in no time.