Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lack of Appetite (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4133)

Matthieu Hertilus 04-05-2009 12:40 PM

Lack of Appetite

I get the fact that to gain quality mass you must eat more, but I feel as though I train very hard but don't have the appetite to eat more than twice a day. Should I just fight this lack of appetite and get in as many quality calories as I can or should I just stick to the 2 meals a day? I haven't made progress in terms of weight gain but I haven't lost any of the muscle I have now. Any suggestions?

Brian DeGennaro 04-05-2009 12:55 PM

As Robb told me when I met him, (not verbatim) if you want to gain some weight you need to be stuffing yourself day and night. You should feel bloated and disgusting at all times during the day.

George Mounce 04-05-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian DeGennaro (Post 54505)
As Robb told me when I met him, (not verbatim) if you want to gain some weight you need to be stuffing yourself day and night. You should feel bloated and disgusting at all times during the day.

Robb is 100% correct. You should be crapping, shaving, and bathing 3 times a day from the food overload to put it another way. :p

Kevin Perry 04-05-2009 02:23 PM

Anywhere you go there should be food in your mouth, if there is a min when you are not chewing, your not doing it right.

Garrett Smith 04-05-2009 02:55 PM

Blech, no wonder I'm just fine at my super-stable ~177#...that full all-the-time feeling is disgusting IMO. After having done IF, I don't think I could ever do it unless there was a REALLY good reason!

Matthieu Hertilus 04-05-2009 03:02 PM

If it is true that i need to be eating a lot more often, even when im not hungry, how do you know when it's too much (i.e. when you cross over into gaining fat along with muscle even when "clean bulking")?

Steven Low 04-05-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthieu Hertilus (Post 54513)
If it is true that i need to be eating a lot more often, even when im not hungry, how do you know when it's too much (i.e. when you cross over into gaining fat along with muscle even when "clean bulking")?

The mirror never lies, but the scale does.

Liam Dougherty Springer 04-05-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Low (Post 54514)
The mirror never lies, but the scale does.

true though if doing a carb cycleing type program on carb up days some people will get "puffy" and bloated due to water retention and that does not necessarily mean you are gaining any fat on the contrary you may be burning it.

Brian DeGennaro 04-05-2009 03:56 PM

Also, start drinking your calories. A gallon of milk is easier to down when you drink several glasses with each meal.

Steven Low 04-05-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam Dougherty Springer (Post 54516)
true though if doing a carb cycleing type program on carb up days some people will get "puffy" and bloated due to water retention and that does not necessarily mean you are gaining any fat on the contrary you may be burning it.

Shhh! It sounded good which is why I didn't say that.

Bloating is actually fairly normal with variable carbs, salt intake, and time of day.