Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   tips for me (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4289)

marco battisti 05-11-2009 10:10 AM

tips for me

i guys my name is marco im 16 years old, and im from italy im 6"3 feet and weight 202 puonds i think my bf is 16 :( i play basketball 3 times per week in a team
i will not play this week cause i have some light legs issues , so i figured uot to change my shitty eatstyle.
i read a lot on the net but my nutrition sucks i cant get rid of junkfoood i try t if high protein but nothing... i usally get 4kcals i day on average with all the junk in this cuont i think:( . i want to lose weight withuot being hanger or depressed.... what i gotta do cuont calories? paleo? if??? suggest me please

Derek Weaver 05-11-2009 11:10 AM

Your maintenance level for caloric intake should be somewhere in the ~3000 cals/day neighborhood, perhaps a little higher considering your age. (BW x 14-16 as a baseline approach equals 2828- 3232 for maintenance) Although your maintenance cals may be lower if you've got any other underlying metabolic issues.

If you actually take in 4000 cals/day, then there's the main issue right there. You're overeating.

I wouldn't do anything until after your season is over though. Dietary changes can take a little while to adapt to. Longer than one week off with an injury.

When the season ends, try this: Break out the food scale and measuring spoons and actually find what how much you're eating. Read labels and track it. Do that for 2 weeks (it gets easier as you go, though it's not something any of us want to do for a lifetime) and find out exactly how much you tend to eat. Track macros as well.

After that, find out what you should be eating, compared to what you are eating and do that. Paleo works well here, but if you're 16 then you're likely eating with your parents and may not have much of a say.

There's also the possibility that at 16 years of age, you've got a little baby fat to deal with still.

marco battisti 05-11-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Weaver (Post 56954)
Your maintenance level for caloric intake should be somewhere in the ~3000 cals/day neighborhood, perhaps a little higher considering your age. (BW x 14-16 as a baseline approach equals 2828- 3232 for maintenance) Although your maintenance cals may be lower if you've got any other underlying metabolic issues.

If you actually take in 4000 cals/day, then there's the main issue right there. You're overeating.

I wouldn't do anything until after your season is over though. Dietary changes can take a little while to adapt to. Longer than one week off with an injury.

When the season ends, try this: Break out the food scale and measuring spoons and actually find what how much you're eating. Read labels and track it. Do that for 2 weeks (it gets easier as you go, though it's not something any of us want to do for a lifetime) and find out exactly how much you tend to eat. Track macros as well.

After that, find out what you should be eating, compared to what you are eating and do that. Paleo works well here, but if you're 16 then you're likely eating with your parents and may not have much of a say.

There's also the possibility that at 16 years of age, you've got a little baby fat to deal with still.

first of all thanks:)
i live only with my mom and i can tell her wath to buy cause she usally eats at work so is t not a problem ...
i want to start this now and lower my bf my articolations are little inffiameted but i still can make some home biking i had some eating issuses ( anorexia - bed)in the past like anorexia 2 ago bed 1 year ago till november december .
this is a stress period with the school and i never been injuried so im mad for that tooo thast why i said 4kcals. i now much abuot nutrion but knowone seems to talk of nutriton at my age.
after this month when the school and ball ist over i will start the jump manual (high intensyty resisteance and pilyometrics ) training then i will make 2 basketball camps and play b ball strett all summer for 2 3 huors a day :D i know i have to take it easy but this is a shitty period ... can i start cutting the junk? some tips ?

Darryl Shaw 05-12-2009 05:38 AM

Have you considered getting involved in the slow food movement?

www.slowfood.com

marco battisti 05-12-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Shaw (Post 57023)
Have you considered getting involved in the slow food movement?

www.slowfood.com

??? inerresant thing ( allready knew that)but i need some really tips :D
today im not eating junk and not much cereals but alot of chesee and vegetables