Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness, Strength & CrossFit (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fat Loss, Definition and Body Posture (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4472)

Trygve Lunde 07-05-2009 03:50 PM

Fat Loss, Definition and Body Posture

Hello
Im 23, 180 cm and 83 kg. Im currently eating high fat together with IF.
I have some questions regarding the topic.
My goals are loose fat so i can be under 10% bodyfat wich means around 75kg. I want my muscles to get a bit prettier as im loosing fat, i dont want to gain but make them more defined. My ass, and whole lower body is really big and thats where i have the most fat to loose. So im really afraid of doing leg work in case im gonna gain more muscles there.

Also im sitting alot in front of my computer doing stuff and that makes my body posture somewhere bad so would be great to have some exersices or something that made that go away. Some people say Yoga etc.?

So would be great to get some feedback from people that have gotten really lean withoing gaining muscles just maintain them and make them look better.
Like how many weight sessions a week you think is best, how many sets/reps etc. How many cardio, slow walk etc. etc. Would be great thanx :D

Bob Overstreet 07-05-2009 06:40 PM

I say this only half joking... maybe you should take up cycling. Have you seen how stick thin the Tour de France cyclists are?

On the other hand... I cycled 1600 miles last year and it does zero for your posture, so I've opted for CrossFit/Oly-type workouts (and I don't aspire to be stick thin)...

George Mounce 07-05-2009 09:34 PM

Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition.

High fat with IF doesn't say what you are eating. For all we know its 2 gallons of canola oil in a 2 hour window each day.

Derek Weaver 07-05-2009 10:47 PM

The high fat doesn't really matter. Eat less, improve nutrient composition to whatever works best for you (if you are carb intolerant, getting carbs in around workouts makes more sense than right before bed) with a minimum amount of protein and EFAs (fish oils) and that's it.

As far as "prettier" muscles. If you hit 10% or below body fat I'm sure you'll like the way your muscles look.

As for posture, lots of hip mobility, get the hip flexors loose, work in back extensions, reverse hypers etc and don't forget to balance out appropriate ab strength if needed after you're done doing your squats and deadlifts. Mobility for the upper back concentrating on shoulders back and down throughout the day.

These threads have been started in so many ways by our OP that I question the validity of them. If I remember right being a semi professional or full on professional soccer player, the legs are likely a dominant muscle group, and not fat.

Steven Low 07-06-2009 01:45 AM

Heavy lifting, maybe some intervals/metcon + DIET DIET DIET

Real food plus slightly hypocaloric

shawn prince 02-15-2011 02:35 AM

Hi steven its great formula to maintain diet and control fat of the body,...
thanks,..