Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Community & Events (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Shameless Plug (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5282)

Derek Simonds 03-25-2010 10:04 AM

Shameless Plug

Well here we are a little over one year after my wife opened her massage therapy business and I finally got the website up. Here it is. It is not quite finished but dang close. What do you guys think?

http://westvolusiawellness.com/

Derek Simonds 03-25-2010 10:07 AM

Dammit that is what you get for not paying attention. Posted in wrong section.

Allen or Gant can you move this to normal other.

Allen Yeh 03-25-2010 11:28 AM

Man someone just beat me to it.

Ganine Vanalst 03-25-2010 01:33 PM

Pretty colors :)

Not sure what sort of feedback you are looking for, but I'll throw a few things out that came to mind.

The links in the navigation bar at the top of the page need to be distributed more evenly over the logo/heading pic between the left and right margins of the wrapper. As it stands now they are more to the left than the right and it looks a bit unbalanced. That's if you want to keep the search field off to the right, but I think it sticks out too much there...as a suggestion, what I would try doing is pulling the navigation/link text over to the left and bring the search field over as well, and then distribute the whole thing evenly between the left and right margins. Also, the navigation/link text might look nice in the same color green as the green in the logo/heading pic; the white text color sort of washes out a bit and doesn't "pop" as well as it could.

The text should be rewritten to optimize the page more for search engines. For example, you don't mention your location in the text (Only the county which is in the business name, but that is not specific enough), so someone doing a search for "massage Deland Fl" might not get your page in search results.

I know you said it's still being worked on, so don't know how specific you want feedback to be, but generally text needs to be proofread for punctuation and paragraphs need to broken up/spaced apart.

Finally, this is my favorite line :D :

"It’s the cherry on top to know this “healing tool” only gets better with frequency."

Derek Simonds 03-25-2010 02:26 PM

That last line taken out of context could be problematic... Aw hell it is staying in there.

I agree on the links and spacing thanks for the feedback. I have written several different little blurbs that are going up and the blog will be live as well. I am going to do several different things with it to increase the exposure but you are right in the basic text we are kind of missing the location.

Thanks again.

Allen Yeh 03-26-2010 04:32 AM

Main page:
Maybe get a short link for the url? I'm just thinking in terms of if someone was trying to pass on the website because they liked it.

About Page:

Maybe it's just me becaues i'm using Chrome and it's not rendering correctly but the FL in Deland FL keeps dropping of to a 2nd line on the About page. Also maybe adding a headshot or somet type of "bio" picture. Not that it should matter but I know at least when my wife is looking for massage places online likes it when she can see who the person is.

Services:
Nice names: “Take Me Away. But, Leave Me Clothed”

Parties and Events:
Pick which way you are going to speak...at one point it says "I am available..." but then later it says "Contact Tracy and she will..."

Perhaps put little mini titles above each break i.e. Parties, employers...etc

Derek Simonds 03-26-2010 08:13 AM

Good stuff Allen. I will make a blog post with a bio picture of Tracy. You are right on the tense, that is what happens when you copy and paste then add on. Fix is on the way.