The 2011 goals thread
Yes it's that time of year again where we set goals and then watch life trample all over them :D
Anyway I'll kick things off.
1. Total 700kg / 1540lb raw at a powerlifting meet in the 100kg/220lb class.
2. Maintain some modicum of conditioning
3. See mah ABZZZZZZ for the first time in many years.
1. Learn to Skydive
2. Get back to pistol shooting regularly
Fitness business goals
1. Release 2 new products
I have a huge list of goals this year, mostly career-related, but here's some of the fitness/health ones:
*train jits more consistently (~3 days a week, 2-4 on any given week)
*do non-jits workouts more consistently (~3 days/week)
*get a dead hang pull-up
*dedicated single-leg work and posterior chain work
I wanted to go for a 300-lb deadlift, but I can't afford to get a gym membership right now (just BJJ) and we don't have barbells. But I can't complain--we are getting a Jungle Gym XT and I have dumbbells (up to 50 lbs.) a kettlebell, a pullup bar, bands of all sizes, a homemade med ball, a sandbag and probably other things I can't think of. So instead of working on a deadlift goal, I thought I'd work on single-leg deadlifts and other posterior chain work, but don't have a real goal set in those areas.
*I'd love to go to a Girl Grappling Camp this year, money permitting, so that's another sort-of goal.
*Wellness-wise, I still need to work more on my posture (rolfing, PRI, etc.)
*Nutrition goal: I'd like to keep my cheat meals gluten-free.
*Looking into NASM certification (the NSCA book/audio is boring and NASM is more up my alley) but this is time/interest permitting
1. Get healthy, Stay healthy
From September 2009 to July 2010, I suffered,
A neuroma of my left foot,
A subluxated metatarsal that limited me for 6 months,
A torn ligament in my fourth right toe( four months),
whiplash from a car accident,
A back spasm,
A Panic attack(due to over training, under eating and work stress)
A persistent flu aggravated by training that would not go away,
And finally to cap it all off I tore my left achilles tendon.
I got about 4 descent months of training cumulative in that time and progressed on no major strength or athletic goals except my fluidity in parkour.
2. Identify every movement compensation, limited range of motion and other predisposing factor for injury and systematically eliminate them.
So far I have figured out I have scar tissue in my neck from injuries I suffered as child that have set up bad dynamics in my cervical movement and down the kinectic chain
Glute dysfunction on my left from ankle injuries as teen that has contributed to chondramalacia, a torn achilles tendon and pre-athritis symptoms in my ankle joint.
Rotation in my pelvis
Scar tissue from the back spasm in my lumbar thoracic junction
Poor internal rotation in my shoulders
and external rotation in my hips
A daily dose of mobilitywod, weekly structural body work and PT and training practice focused more on mobilization total body co-ordination and correcting biomechanics seem to be working wonders for me and I plan to continue till I have a clean bill of health.
3. Continue working towards perfecting diet, and sleep patterns and learn to compartmentalize work stress more effectively.
4. Perfect overhead squat with heels together and neutral spine ass to ankles, El grip skin the cat, front splits on both sides, straddle pancake stretch.
4. Provided all the above goes well I want to Compete and excel in Ninja Warrior this year, as well as other more local parkour competitions.
5. Learn to Press to handstand, straddle planche, front lever, and chin 1.5 x body weight.
1. Bench 120kg.
2. Power clean 100kg.
3. Squat 150kg.
4. Deadlift 220kg.
All whilst keeping blood pressure in the normal range, staying reasonably conditioned and not going up a jean size.
1 To train with consistancy
That is all :)
Hit the 300/400/500 mark for bench/squat/dead
Power clean 250 with good speed and form
Integrate mobility WOD and conditioning work (treadmill and prowler) 3 days/week without limiting strength progress
Maintain bodyweight (~195) with lowered bodyfat (waist < 34" again)
Finish reading PPST2, and figure out the "who's who" cross-posting here and on IGX ;)
Squat 440, Deadlift 475, bench 275 and power clean 225. Or otherwise a 1200 total would be great. I'd also like to get down to 15% bodyfat and maintain it.
My goal is to heal up my shoulder and get 10 dead hang pull ups, run 5 miles in 35 minutes and get a 300 # DL.
1) Bring my posterior chain strength up
2) Deadlift 405lbs
3) Squat 300lbs
5) 70kg snatch/90kg C&J
4) Continue to improve my focus on the platform
1. sub 22-hour 100 miler
2. qualify for Americans (90+119 @ 69)
3. get Navy OCS + BUD/S slot
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:06 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.