Snatch feedback wanted
I am looking for a little feedback on the attached lift. Maybe even some suggestions for drills to correct any issues. I have a tendency to hop forward as I pull under the bar. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
Not bad - definitely have more in you.
1. Keep your head and eyes up in your start and pull - don't look at the floor like you're on the cover of starting strength. It tends to pull your weight forward (which happens here), and having to change focal points mid-lift is disorienting and makes it more difficult to maintain your balance and position.
2. Related to #1, keep your chest up a bit more as you break the bar from the floor and lift to the knee. You're pushing your knees too far back too soon and leaving your shoulders behind - in effect, you're tipping over.
3. Stay flatfooted much longer during the pull. You're on your toes by the time the bar is at mid-thigh (at least in part due to being too far forward earlier, then trying to rock back to your heels - you just end up rocking forward again in response).
4. Relax your arms and engage your lats to bring the back back into your hips. You're too tense.
5. Need to get the shoulders farther back at the top of yuor extension - but this is really just caused by #1 and #2. Fix those and this will probably correct itself.
Good pull under considering the above, and good position under the bar w the exception of at least the right foot being a bit too far out and ER, so that hip/knee is diving in a bit. But correct the above and that will probably correct itself naturally as well.
Thanks Greg. Comments are greatly appreciated!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.