Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Olympic Weightlifting (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Werksan training bar VS "Gold Bar"? (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6777)

John Janecek 10-02-2012 05:08 PM

Werksan training bar VS "Gold Bar"?

Greg,

We are looking at the Werksan bars now, the training bar with the bearings is about $800 and the next one down (the "Gold" bar) with bushings is $575...

Same bar but different with the ends or?? You think other than a little more spin they are about the same?

Thanks,
John

Greg Everett 10-02-2012 07:23 PM

I actually don't know the story on these. Relatively new product and I've never used one.

John Janecek 10-03-2012 10:49 AM

But you do use the training bar correct?

The $800 one?

Greg Everett 10-03-2012 01:21 PM

Correct

Michael McKenna 10-03-2012 04:48 PM

John, the Gold Bar is okay. The Werksan Training Bar is exemplary, and the same exact, precise, not different in anyway bar than their competition bar. The Gold bar is not made with the same quality steel. If it were, it would also cat $800. Call Werksan and ask if you can see the bars at the meet on Oct 20/21. They will totally let you examine them.

John Janecek 10-03-2012 05:00 PM

Interesting thanks Mike,

I had told Leo when I wanted a quote for them I wanted their version of Eleiko's training bar so we are looking at the $800 ones....

I kind of wondered if this one was like the black Eleiko "sport" training bar on the Rogue fitness site? Something had to be a littel cheaper about it with that price....

Thanks again....

Michael McKenna 10-03-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Janecek (Post 97949)
Interesting thanks Mike,

I had told Leo when I wanted a quote for them I wanted their version of Eleiko's training bar so we are looking at the $800 ones....

I kind of wondered if this one was like the black Eleiko "sport" training bar on the Rogue fitness site? Something had to be a littel cheaper about it with that price....

Thanks again....

No, Werksan is a bit cheaper than Eleiko for many reasons, but I've always thought their quality control from bar to bar was a bit off. Every Eleiko bar is a 10; Werksan bars are 9, 9.5, 10 depending on the bar. Joe and Leo have stood by everything that's happened to my or my lifter's equipment, and Eleiko has just started to again. And we beat the shit out of our equipment, and I've got six years of Werksan stuff which has been pounded and still going.

John Janecek 10-04-2012 07:19 AM

[Joe and Leo have stood by everything that's happened to my or my lifter's equipment, and Eleiko has just started to again.

This is why I would buy from them. The ten Eleiko training bars I bought for the Univ at Albany NY in 1996 are still going strong today so now that I have a chance to buy good bars it was always between just a few brands...

And we beat the shit out of our equipment, and I've got six years of Werksan stuff which has been pounded and still going.[/quote]

Hearing from you and Greg about these bars is great, thanks!! I keep telling myself it would be great to buy 22 bars for these platforms and not have to worry about them for 10-15 years......