Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Olympic Weightlifting (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How Tight Should Weightlifting Shoe Fit? (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7311)

Wilfred Lamb 02-25-2014 08:26 PM

How Tight Should Weightlifting Shoe Fit?

Should you be able to fit one finger in behind the heels or should it be all around tight from heel to toe? I just got mine today and waited over a week for them. I do not want to return them for exchange and wait for shipping. However it feels kind of loose when I walk around in them but when I lift in them they feel fine? I don't know what to do. Should I order 0.5 size down or is that "too" tight?

Wilfred Lamb 02-25-2014 08:27 PM

Found out it might take 3 to 4 weeks for processing if I exchange them...

Greg Everett 02-26-2014 12:19 PM

Generally get them a bit snugger than a normal shoe - they'll stretch with use and you don't want to slide in them at all.

Wilfred Lamb 02-27-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Everett (Post 101471)
Generally get them a bit snugger than a normal shoe - they'll stretch with use and you don't want to slide in them at all.

If i could put one finger behind the heel when I have my shoes on would that be too loose? If I get 0.5 size down it may be TOO TIGHT.

Greg Everett 02-27-2014 01:15 PM

That's definitely too big. It may not be a problem snatching and cleaning, but it a split jerk, your foot will slide. You may even have your heel pop out on the back leg.

Wilfred Lamb 03-01-2014 03:49 PM

The heels feel fine when I tighten the laces.

Andrew Flynn 03-05-2014 06:49 AM

I'm curious about this as well.

I got a good deal on Adipowers as my first weightlifting shoe and I'm trying to figure out if they fit properly. I bought them 0.5 sizes down from my regular shoe size. I can't really go smaller in length as the toes of my larger left foot are at the end of the toe box.

When I have them on and laced up, they feel snug, but I can definitely wiggle my toes and twist my foot a little lengthwise along the axis of my foot. I don't feel danger of my heel lifting, but I don't want there to be too much room.

I'm wondering if my opinion of their fit is skewed from my experience playing soccer and rugby and wearing cleats that are really tight.

Thoughts?

Wilfred Lamb 03-05-2014 01:38 PM

Andrew,

I asked Bob Takano and he says that one of his athletes grew his feet size to 14 working from working with him. He says with training that feet will grow like muscle with the loads placed upon them. My adipower is definitely pinching the sides of my feet which is really tight. We are talking about the "weightlifting" adipower shoes right now the "soccer adipowers?

Andrew Flynn 03-06-2014 06:05 AM

Yeah. I'm talking about the weightlifting Adipowers. I'm just worried that there is a little room and that I can twist my foot along it's length in the shoe. I don't think my heel will slip up or out, but there is a little lateral movement (a very small amount).

I feel like I could tie them tighter as well, but the laces slacken in the process of tying them. I would hope that they would be easier to tie once broken in.

I have two concerns:

1. Is the fit right?
2. The adipowers supposedly have the narrowest fit, so where would I go from there?

Blake Barnes 03-11-2014 08:55 AM

It's probably not a big deal if there is a tiny bit of movement in the forefoot. I would suggest trying to keep the laces tight in that area as you continue to tie them.

Adidas has been making weightlifting shoes for a long time so I'm sure you'll get some benefit from them.