Catalyst Athletics Forums

Catalyst Athletics Forums (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition Logs (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Jordan's food log (http://www.catalystathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979)

Jordan Glasser 05-09-2007 03:19 PM

Jordan's food log

Been Paleo for about a month, and am venturing into IF. My digestion has been off for a while, hence the food log. I just started to read Body Ecology Diet, and I can't wait to start culturing my own veggies....any day now!

day 1

following a 13hr fast, 5k run, and KB work:

ate:
8 oz turkey
100 g avocado
2 tsp olive oil (drank)
cooked w/ coconut oil
400 g of steamed broccolli
150g raw baby carrots

Leaving the house with:
6oz turkey
600g of brocolli
24 alomnds

finished eating @ 6pm
will try and fast for 15hrs

Jordan Glasser 05-12-2007 08:50 AM

Not ready to log.....

i am in the middle reading Body ecology diet. So far, it's really intriguing. Relates to many infections I've had thoughout my life when I was a grain junky! I will lay off the food log for a while, for 2 reasons. 1 it makes me too strict (I dont want to cheat for the whole world to see, and, it wont proove the validity of the diets, if I don't stick with them). Cheating can be a good thing, however because I am trying to combine many eating philosophies, paleo/if/zone/ and incorporate BED principles too many food limitations leads to insufficient calories. 2nd, I want to make it easier for me to keep a log, and because I am eating new foods, and eliminating ones that were familiar to me, measuring has become tedious once again, and logging what I eat takes it over the top.

I the meantime I will do my best to read up all the info buried in these boards. Thanks guys/gals

Jordan

Jordan Glasser 07-29-2007 08:19 PM

Let's try and log.....again.
Overview of the last couple of months. Have remained paleo/if. For the most part I wouldn't consider any of my eating patterns similar to the zone, except for using blocks to quantify macronutrients.
Mostly low-carb, with little fruit. At times felt absolutely amazing, but, have also felt as lethargic and weak as ever! During times of weakness it was very hot, relatively for my neck of the woods (WHistler BC, Canada).
I like eating low carb, but, I do feel that it does let me down to be there consitently. I would love to get away with 25-100g CHO/day, 160-225g fat/day (worked backwards from 1500-2000 ckals of fat), along with my 550g-700g PRO/day. (BW 158lbs, 5'7", BF% < 10%-estimated from previous calculations) But, I seem to crash when I keep this up.
My experiment with IF has been good.
I can easily go 12-22hrs without eating. Problems arise trying to eat normal portions after IFing. I will try 24 on/24 off. So that my meal sizes stay relatively constant, which, in theory should be easier on me.

I will keep a log so that I can see exactly why I am having successes or failures.
I also feel that I am have problems digesting some things.
1-Nuts in large amounts, or prolonged use. I only seem to eat almonds or macadamias (don't know how to eat them in small amounts!)
2-eggs. Seem to eat them all the time, or never, again, don't know how to eat in moderation
3-avocados. Combining eggs & avocados gives me bad gas. I know to not do that anymore....

Jordan Glasser 07-29-2007 08:27 PM

After a 17 hr fast. And a workout of snatches, snatch pulls, and squats. although I snatched 72.5 kg, my form was terrible. I was bending my arms way too early. Ugly to watch the video. I did "charlie horse" both my biceps crashing on a trampolene yesterday which is hopefully causing this problem for today. (I hope)
snatch 72.5 kg
snatch pulled 90 kg
squated 115kg x2- felt pretty weak under the bar today

One hour eating window
fish oil 2 tspn
big swig of Apple cider vinegar
18 oz ground buffalo (cooked with 4 tbsp coconut oil)
1 med size white onion
2 large avocados
6 tbsp olive oil
topped with cilantro

1 pint of fresh rasberries
1 larabar for desert

Jane Michel 07-30-2007 05:20 AM

larabar :)

what flavours are good?

Jordan Glasser 07-30-2007 03:58 PM

I avoid the ones that use cashews. I tend to buy the cherry pie, and apple cinamon.

Jordan Glasser 07-30-2007 04:59 PM

After a 21hr fast, with no real workout in there. I did do alot of coaching and moving, but nothing with intensity.
during a 5 hour eating window
2 tsp fish oil
1 tbsp olive oil
3 avocados
450 g baby carrots
250 g bison deli meat
2 cans TJ's tuna
120 g fried sweet potato (cooked in Coconut oil)
fresh cilantro
4 tbsp walnut oil
swig of ACV
170 g almond butter

Jordan Glasser 07-31-2007 10:35 AM

after 17 hr fast
1st meal of day (10:30 am tue)
100 g frozin blueberries
2 tbsp walnut oil
sprinkled cinamon
swig Fish oil
35 g protein (from bison burger)
sauerkraut & mustard w/burger
120 g almond butter

Jordan Glasser 07-31-2007 03:42 PM

2:30p tue
acv swig
400 g baby carrots
1 can tj tuna
1 avo
2 tbsp walnut oil
3 tbsp almond butter
1 larabar

Jordan Glasser 07-31-2007 10:36 PM

Started to enter my food log into fitday.com
but will continue to list the foods I eat on this site

tues 10pm dinner
ate another larabar in the afternoon

bison burger 35 g pro
sauerkraut 1/2 cup
mustard
125g sweet potato fried in coconut oil topped w/cinamon
2 tbsp olive oil

Today's macronutrient breakdown from fitday was:
Totals
calories:4220
fat grams: 319
Carb grams: 214
protein grams: 171

That's a lot of cals.....but, what I am beginning to see already is that I wasn't getting enough fats. That's my belief....let's see.......