View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:29 AM   #1
Gil Guy

Default ACL & PCL Reconstruction and Meniscus Remuval

Hello,

A few years ago I dislocated my knee in a car crash, which resulted with a full tear of my ACL and PCL in my right knee, and with a tear of the medial meniscus.

The Liagments were reconstructed and the Meniscus was removed. Sevral months later I finished my rehabilitation (PT, hydrotherapy, some pilates my orthopedic wanted me to do), and stated weight-training for the first time in my life.

After two months of "general weight training", I started to attend a Crossfit Class near my house doing pretty much everything, execpt for Olimpic-weightlifting movements.

Thing is, I'd like to start Olimpic weightlifting aswell (or even instead of Crossfit). I'm a guy who likes knowing what he's doing so I got a copy of Greg's book from amazon and started reading.

a little about me:
Weight: about 80kg
Low bar Squat: 75kg for 5 reps
Deadlift: 90kg for 5 reps
Press: 45kg for 5 reps

There's a weightlifting class I can attend, but first I'd like to ask a few questions.

1) Should I get any special gear I should use from the begining? (I've got WL shoes for now)
2) Should I take a "prep phase" before starting, in which I shall learn how to HB squat and work on my flexibility? (my LB squat breaks parallel, but I can't do a full ranged HB Squat yet) How should I program it?

Any other information would be much welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
Gil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote