View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Kyle Schillaci

Default Short in the Hip (Post Meniscus tear)

I was hoping to tap into the bank of knowledge here about a reoccurring issue I have been having following heavy squats and cleans. I had my meniscus repaired in January and was sticking to gymnastics work while it was recovering. Then while doing bar muscle ups the bar sheared off and I landed on a box breaking two ribs (tough luck I know). Long story short I am now back into training following the beginner template from Greg's book.

I am now, however, running into the problem of pain in my left anterior hip following anything hip dominant. There is clearly a difference in sides since it was my right meniscus tear and right ribs that I had problems with.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to combat the imbalance in the hip? I am guessing the left side is picking up more of the load during squats as I can feel it shift slightly in the bottom. Are there any exercises to focus on rebuilding the right side? I spend about 10 minutes a day mobilizing up and down from the hip to try and loosen the tissue but it just seems to come back.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Kyle
Kyle Schillaci is offline   Reply With Quote