View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
John Janecek

Oh man where do I start on this....

Been doing this for 23 years now and have ALWAYS put two sheets of plywood down with one more sheet on the top in the middle then two strips of rubber along the side...

Have went as thin as 1/4" plywood and rubber and the floor and platforms have held up for years and years...In my garage, in junior highs, in high schools etc...

Get to my new job in a brand new 6,000 sq ft wtroom with 22 platforms in a high school (1/4' rubber flooring with a heavy duty 3/4" rubber 4x8 rubber mat on top) and within a year I have a spot on the flooor where it was wire mesh and its desinigrated a spot 2x2'......

Order 66 sheet of plywood and split all the rubber mats into 2x8 sections. Put down two 3/4" sheets with another sheet on top and the rubber strips along the side. Within a year I have two more spots to repair-ends up costing about $5k...

Now we added TWO MORE sheets under each platform so we have platforms with three 3/4" sections of plywood or rubber.....

Cross your fingers and whoever said a penny of prevention and pound of....well, you get it now....

Heres the awesome bumpers we used on them too, never buy anything from Troy Barbell/ USA Sports

http://youtu.be/pltvQAvOrZM
John Janecek is offline   Reply With Quote