View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Brandon Enos

I figured I should also add some to this..where I'm at, goals, etc.

Since I last posted here, except for last night of course, I have lost about 100 pounds. I have about 35 left to go, but woot...It's especially nice since I gained back a lot of weight after taking a nice trip down a flight of stairs and was unable to train for about half a year.

I'm no longer interested in powerlifting. Nor do I want to compete in olympic lifting, only wishing to do the lifts for their physical and athletic benefits. My goals now are:

1. Look good naked.
2. Be strong and fit enough to excel at my everyday activities and those that come up.

Like I said, no longer interested in competitive lifting on any level. The only athletic endeavors I am interested in regularly are occasional pickup games and a few snowboarding trips a year. Also have toyed with the idea of doing a tough mudder and my friend and I have talked about spending a month next summer on the Pacific Crest Trail.

Like I said, I still have about 35 pounds left to lose, but I haven't done a very serious strength training routine in awhile. I'm okay with working on that and allowing the pound loss to come to a crawl since I know that even if it is slow, the body comp changes will still be great.

So those are my goals. One concern I have is that with no coaching, I don't want to develop bad habits that will get me hurt when the weight with the full lifts gets heavier. I do plan to try to get to the Catalyst Athletics gym this winter, since it's not far from me, for the olympic lifting classes, but that won't be until like January.
Brandon Enos is offline   Reply With Quote