Mon 9-9-13
bw3h7

am - BAS2

joints
wrists
scaps

A1. false grip ring rows - 10 x 6
A2. PPPU - 10 x 6 / 30X1

Still focusing on scapular depression and retraction on the ring rows, but now throwing in some false grip so I can start working on the MU in my next cycle. I didn't really have the hang of the false grip until the last couple sets, and most reps weren't tempo-ed, so I'll stick with the same ring height in my next BAS workout. Really happy to finally hit all 10 sets of 6 in the PPPU. I think the next push I'll work in BAS will be piked HSPUs.

B1. seated db ext rot - 6.5# x 5 x 10 each arm / 4012

I had gone up to 7# on these last time, but I wasn't feeling as much of a burn in my shoulders which is what I'm really going for so I dropped down. I might even go back to 5# and work the reps super strict next time.

e.pm - OLY

joints
stick halos/dislocates
RBMs
ankles
AM fem/bar

A1. 1RM 2 pos(low hang, hang above knee) snatch
75 x 2 x 1
80 x 1
85 x 1
90 x 1
95 x 1
100 x 1
105 x 1 PR-worked up to this last time but failed the hang rep
110 x f
110 x 1 PR

I've been working on getting a closer stance ohs on my snatch catch, so it takes me a while to get the position warmed up. I also was cutting my pull short today until around 95#, but I was getting under the bar really quick. I missed the hang rep on my first attempt at 110# because I didn't stay on my heels and let the bar get too far in front of me; I still stood up with it, but I caught it in a power pos so I count it as a fail.

B1. 3 x 1 @ 90% of above
100 x 1
100 x f
100 x 2 x 1

Most of these reps felt fast and strong. I missed the low hang rep on my second attempt because I came onto my toes and let the bar get out front, but when I focused on staying back the next 2 sets were easy.

C1. ankle mobility

I've figured out that my ankles are keeping me from achieving the position I want in my snatch and clean catches so I've been mobbing the shit out of em lately.

pm - EQ1

joints
wrists
straddle
shoulders

A1. back body line drill - 3 x 15 sec
A2. bridge pushups x 10, 8, 6

The back body line drill is basically a hollow body hold, keeping the low back flat on the ground, while trying to keep the rest of the body as extended as possible, and I'm using the bridge pushups to open up my shoulders a little more.

B1. HS body line wall drill - 3 x 30 sec
B2. straddle pike pulls - 3 x 10 w/ 10 sec hold on last rep

The HS body line wall drills went really well today, I think I'm getting closer to finding the proper body position for a solid handstand. My wrists today were less than an inch from the wall on all three sets, my back was flat, my belly was sucked in, and the weight was distributed across my knuckles instead of the palm of my hand. I also noticed that trying to spread the floor with my hands helps the position feel more solid.

My straddle and pike flexibility is still crap.

C1. gatherings, piked x 10, 8, 6

Did the first set unbroken, fell on rep 6 of the second set, then made it through the third unbroken. These are fun.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote