Hunter Laing

Mon 9-16-13
bw4h8
cort2

am - BAS1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

My wrists have been sore near the palm of my hand, and I'm pretty sure its from starting to train the false grip, but its been making it hard to get into positions supporting my weight on my hands, so today I just did the stretch portion of my wrist routine, and I did the conditioning exercises afterwards. I'm gunna try this method for all upper body sessions for a while and see if I like it better.

A1. false grip incline rows - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
A2. ring dips - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5

False grip held up better today, although I did have to regrip for the last couple of sets. I also need to focus more on retraction and depression, as well as pulling with my lats and not my arms, because I started to kind of curl myself to the rings instead of row myself. Ring dips felt good, I was surprised I made it through so many sets of 6, but I was having a hard time locking my elbows out completely at the end of some of the later sets.

B1. seated db ext rot - 5# x 5 x 10 each arm

I'm still not sure if I'm doing this movement right, but I've been trying to focus on pulling the dumbbell up with just my rear delt, and I think it was working a little better.

C1. wrist conditioning

e.pm - OLY

joints
sticks
dynaflex
bastardized agile 8
ankles
AM fem/bar

A1. hi hang snatch - work to non max heavy single
75 x 2 x 3
80 x 2 x 3
85 x 3
90 x 1
95 x 1
100 x 1
105 x 1

These were pretty easy, but my right shoulder was feeling a lil dodgy. I think I need to work on my overhead position with the snatches; I need to try to retract my scaps more and point my elbows more backwards than down, while also catching the bar with bent wrists. All the lower body mobilization I did to warm up made the bottom position of the ohs much easier to hit, although I still wasn't getting my knees out like I want.

B1. knee series

I figured that I do a series for scaps, shoulders, and wrists, so why not one for knees. This time I did inside squats for 5 reps, cross leg squats for 3 reps each way, assisting myself off the floor with my arms, and twisting squats for 10 alternating reps. I figured with this being a deload week for all my lower body lifting that it would be a good time to see how my body reacts to some knee work.

C1. pistol switches - 25# x 5 x 5 sec each side

I'm gunna work these for more knee ankle stability as well as more ankle motion, because I'd like to work up to pistols with no weight to counterbalance as a display of ankle flexibility.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote