bw4h8
cort2

am - SASa1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. wall assisted tuck half press HS - 5 x 3
A2. adv tuck front lever hold - 5 x 15 sec

Wrists felt better today during press HS's, I'm not really sure what was up last week but they're all good now. I'm pretty confident I can call my front lever holds today adv tuck, because my knees were on the other side of the pullup bar, creating about a 90* angle at my hips. I was focusing really hard on flexing my abs to stay hollow, and on trying to rip the bar apart, but next time I need to focus on keeping my neck long to make sure I'm getting the depression I need.

B1. band assisted tuck planche - red/purp x 5 x 15 sec
B2. knees to elbows - 5 x 10

Tuck planches felt good, focused on long neck and looking forward for depression, hard protraction, and squeezing the floor together with my hands. I think I might need to drop the purple band next time because my hips are still higher than my shoulders.

C1. YTWL's - 3#s x 3 x 5

These always make my shoulders feel great.

D1. wrist conditioning

I've been having a weird sensation in my left knee today. It feels like a tendon or ligament is pulling on a bone, but only in a certain position. The best way I can describe this position is like a standing quad/hip stretch with the upper leg perpendicular to the floor and the lower leg folded up behind it, however it only hurts if I use my leg muscles to reach the position, and not if I pull my lower leg up with my arms. I'm wondering now whether it was the knee series on monday, the ankle/shrimp/pistol work yesterday, or the straddle work yesterday that did it, but I will be keeping a close eye on it.

_________

pm - SASb1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. rto support - 5 x 20 sec
A2. arch scap pulls - 5 x 7

Supports went pretty well today, but started getting shaky at the end. Elbows were locked out hard though, and I'm started to get a little bit of retraction going on. The first couple reps of each set of scap pulls felt really strong, but the later reps...not so much. I also noticed some swinging which I tried to control in later sets.

B1. bent straddle L - 5 x 15 sec
B2. german hand w/ pull out - 5 x 15 sec

Bent straddle Ls still suck. German hangs are getting deeper and easier to pull out of; I am now putting my feet flat on the floor at the bottom of the hang, although I'm not letting them hold any weight. I also started actively retracting during the hang and found it allows me to get deeper.

C1. YTWL's - 3#s x 3 x 5

D1. wrist conditioning
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote