bw4h8
cort2

am - SASa2

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. wall assisted half tuck press HS - 5 x 3
A2. adv tuck front lever hold - 5 x 15 sec

Wall press HS's felt fine today, and my wrists didn't feel that strained which is good. One thing I need to remember to do during these is to keep my elbow pits(?) pointed forward; this lessens the strain on my wrists. Front levers were fine, but not great. I think I'm trying to extend my hips too much for my current lever of strength, because today they were a little higher than parallel. Next time I do these, I need to focus on maintaining a strong hollow position, and then slowly uncurl my legs from the hips only, instead of letting my low back arch, while also remembering to retract hard and keep my neck long.

B1. band assisted tuck planche - red x 5 x 15 sec
B2. knees to elbows - 5 x 10

Moved on to just the red band for tuck planches today, and I think I got my first real taste of what a tuck planche feels like. The first two sets felt the best; my hips were finally level with my shoulders, I was having to push away with my entire shoulder girdle while squeezing the floor together between my hands and keeping my neck long, and I had to tuck really hard, which is a first for me. The third and fourth sets were a little iffy, I think I wasn't tucking hard enough, and the fifth set I tried squeezing my chest during the movement as well, which resulted in higher hips than the first 2 sets. I'm not sure if this means it was a stronger position or if it just took me out of the position I really wanted to be in, so I will continue to experiment.

C1. YTWL's - 3#s x 3 x 5

Makes my upper back feel so good, and it was sore this morning after my snatch PR yesterday.

D1. wrist conditioning

________

pm - SASb2

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. rto support - 5 x 20 sec
A2. arch scap pulls - 5 x 7

Ring supports felt really strong today, except for a weird feeling in my lift shoulder that I only got right when pressing to support. I think it might just be sore from ring dips and snatches yesterday. Arch scap pulls felt a little off, so I just did my best to focus on hard retraction and depression while keeping my arms slightly externally rotated.

B1. bent straddle L - 5 x 15 sec
B2. pronated german hang - 5 x 20 sec

I haven't made much, if any, progress on the straddle L's throughout this cycle, and I'm pretty sure its a compression/flexibility issue. I'm not too worried though because the only reason I want a straddle L is for a stalder press and thats a long way off. The first set of german hangs I did today were on the rings, but I didn't like how it felt so I went back to the straight bar, pronated grip, and things felt much better.

C1. YTWL's - 3#s x 3 x 5

D1. wrist conditioning
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote