cort5

am - BASa1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. FG chins (chest to rings) / 31X1 - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2*, 3, 2 ,2
A2. RTO dips / 31X1 - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

*missed chest on 3rd rep

So same basic stuff today on FG chins, focusing on hard retraction, depression, and using lats to pull. I think I need to focus a little more on depression though, because some reps weren't depressed and weren't as strong. Also, I would like to feel my lats more, so that something I'll be working on too.

RTO dips felt good today. I really focused on keeping the rings turned out to at least 30* for the entire rep and not letting them come to parallel as I was pushing up. This started getting pretty tough in the later sets. I also started thinking about keeping my elbows close to my body and driving them towards the ceiling during the decent. This kept lean to a minimum, but I dont think I'm really ready to start leaned RTO dips until I can get the rings out to 45* for the whole rep.

B1. seated db ext rot / 4020 - 5.5# x 5 x 10 each side

Bumped the weight up a little. Most of these felt good, but I was losing focus on later sets.

C1. wrist conditioning

________

pm - OLY

joints
squat mob
stick stuff
AM bar

A1. 5x3 snatch off blocks (above knee)
30 x 3
40 x 3
43 x 3
45 x 3
47 x 5 x 3 PR

These were feeling pretty fast today. I was focused on staying on my heels, both on the pull and on the catch, and on getting my bows up and outside. On the third set, I lost my focus on the third rep and power snatched it, but immediately redid the rep and made it.

B1. 5x2 clean off blocks (above knee)
40 x 2 x 2
50 x 2
55 x 2
60 x 2
65 x 2
70 x 5 x 2 PR

Huge PR here. Last time I did these I went 145# for 5x2, and 70 kilos = 154# so this is a pretty big increase in weight. All reps were also really easy, and I had no problems getting under the bar or standing up with it. My knees were also feeling really good during these, when sometimes during cleans they get a little iffy.

C1. super squat hip sequence

Rolled out my quads, IT bands, hamstrings, and glutes before doing this. Felt goooooood.

D1. knee series

Felt really easy today. I think my knees are starting to get more resilient.

E1. ankle mob
E2. pistol switch - 15# x 1 x 10 sec each side

I tried to do the pistol switches with a 15# medicine ball, but it was really awkward, so I just called it for the day.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote