Hunter Laing

Mon 10-14-13
MUi3h12
cort6

am - BASa2

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

Added band pull aparts to the scap routine for a little more retraction work. Theyre a lot harder than they look.

A1. FG chins (chest to rings) / 31X1 - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3*, 3, 3, 2**, 2, 2
A2. RTO dips / 31X1 - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

*started hang reps
**missed chest on 3rd rep

Really felt like I was struggling at the beginning of this session, but both exercises started feeling better towards the end. Also, the tempo notification for my FG chins these past couple weeks has been a little off, in the sense that I wasn't hanging at the bottom of the rep for 1 sec, but was instead resting on my knees and resetting my scapula to focus harder on retraction and depression. Today, however, on the 5th set I started to tuck my knees up a little so they wouldn't touch the ground and do real deadhang FG chins, still focusing hard on retraction, depression, and pulling with my lats. I also tried focusing on external rotation of my shoulders during these reps, which helped a lot, especially at the top of the rep.

RTO dips were tough as always, but I'm getting a lot better at keeping the rings turned out for the entire rep and not letting them return to parallel on the way up. However, I think next BASa session, I might try some russian dips to see if they have carry over to a stronger MU negative.

B1. db cuban rotation / 5011 - 5#s x 5 x 10

After doing seated db ext rot's with 10# yesterday, 5# didn't seem like enough today, so I decided to change up the exercise a little. I liked these a lot. Focused on keeping scape retracted, and on keeping elbows in the same spot for the entire set and rotating the dbs around them.

C1. wrist conditioning

________

pm - OLY

*lifts in pounds today, the new gym is closed for Columbus Day, so I had to go back to the old gym, which I was extremely pissed about because the new gym is just so much better...

joints
squat mob
stick stuff

A1. 3RM: 1 snatch + 1 hang snatch + 1 OHS (1+1+1=1 rep)
b x 3
75 x 2 x 3
80 x 3
85 x 3
90 x 3 technically a PR since I've never done this before...

This was a weird complex for me, because the first snatch and hang snatch and OHS would feel so easy, the second would be ok, and third would be pretty ugly. I was expecting to be fatigued during the second and third reps, but I don't think my technique is good enough yet for me to be doing such high rep snatches. Grip was also an issue, so I strapped up even though I usually only use straps if I'm cleaning after snatching. All that being said, I was getting under the hang snatches extremely fast, so maybe there is something to be said for training higher reps every once in a while...or I could just do heavier hang snatches. Another reason for this weird complex is that I will be going for a new HBBS max tomorrow, so the higher reps, and necessarily lower weight, will have my legs fresher for tomorrow.

B1. 90% x 1, 95% x 1, 100% x 1
80 x 1
85 x 1
90 x 1

These were all stupid easy, but I was feeling fast.

C1. panda pull
135 x 3 x 3
C2. back ext
bw x 3 x 10

Panda pulls were feeling good. I was getting the bar high and was focused on keeping it close. Back extensions felt good too, its been a while since I've done those.

D1. ankle mob
D2. smr + super squat hip sequence
D3. knee series

The knee series feels really good right now, so I may start doing it every day I do OLY sessions, similar to how I do my wrist routine almost daily.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote