cort6

am - SAS(d)

joints
wrist stretches
band shoulder series
scaps

A1. band assisted tuck planche hold - purple x 4 x 7 sec
A2. lower to adv tuck front lever hold - 4 x 7 sec

So i tried moving up to the purple band today, and it is a lot harder than the red band was. I am actually pretty disappointed with my performance on tuck planches today, considering how strong they felt on saturday. I just felt like I couldn't get my scaps in a strong enough position during these today, and in later sets I was having some trouble keeping hard depression. I may try alternating between the red and purple bands in the next SAS session, so that I can get the right feel of the hold with the red band and try and transfer it to the purple band.

Front lever holds felt pretty strong as usual, and I was feeling my abs a little, but I still havent been able to get back into the position where I really felt them working hard, which is, I'm pretty sure, the position I want to be in during a full front lever.

B1. lower to adv tuck back lever hold to german hang pull - 3 sec BL/5 sec GH x 2 x 3

These felt good today. My shoulder mobility is improving, I think, because today I was sinking into a full german hang a lot easier than I have in previous sessions.

C1. YTWL's - 5#s x 2 x 5

Felt good. Didn't realize I was using the 5's until after I finished both sets. I'll probably go back to the 3#s next session and keep form super strict.

_________

pm - BASb(d)

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. MU transition - rings touching top of head x 8 x 1

So I went to do my normal toe assisted MU transitions after raising the rings a little from last BASb session, and I ended up pulling through the transition without any help from my feet. Then I tried to do as slow a negative as possible, which wasn't very slow. I was pretty pumped.

B1. MU from sitting on ground - 2 x 1

I moved the rings a little lower, so that I had room over them to do a full dip but still had enough room under them to sit with fully extended arms. And I now understand why this mornings session seemed so shitty...the universe wanted me to save my strength to perform my first strict muscle up!

C1. seated db ext rot / 5010 - 10# x 2 x 6 each arm

Felt these pretty well on both sides, and they felt a lot easier than last time with this weight.

D1. wrist conditioning

So today ended up being awesome. Hitting my first strict muscle up is a great feeling, and now I just wanna do more of em. But this does put me in a situation that I don't really know how to deal with. I had planned on this MU intensification cycle lasting at least another 2 weeks, but now I kinda don't see the point since I have the MU. I may finish out this week and start a MU accumulation phase next week to start building up my strength in the MU. That would mean that my intensification phase only lasted for 3 weeks, but maybe thats ok... I'll have to do some reading about this and see if it really matters how long an intensification phase lasts. I feel like it doesn't really, especially if the main goal of the intensification phase has already been accomplished.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote