Hunter Laing

Wed 10-23-13
MUa1

am - BASa1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. seated Muscle Up - 1 rep every 2:00 x 15

So I decided to try some EDT type training to build up my capacity with MUs. I started today at 1 rep every two minutes, meaning that I did 15 reps in 30 min. Every time I hit all 15 reps, I will drop the interval by 5-10 seconds.

Today, I tried doing as slow a negative as possible, but by the 10th rep I was basically just falling, so I stopped them there.

B1. weighted tri lat ext stretch - 15# x 1 x 20 sec
B2. toe pull HS drill - 3 x 5

I meant to do these first, but I was so excited to work MUs that I forgot... Still, these went better than yesterday, although the longest holds were around 3-4 secs, so still nothing compared to Monday. One thing I need to remember for these is to always be actively pushing through my shoulders, because sometimes I find myself kinda just supporting myself on my hands and not actually engaging my shoulders at all.

C1. prone overgrip dislocates - 5# x 4 x 10

These make my shoulders feel so good. Definitely keeping them in the mix.

________

pm - BASb1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. rope chins (L/R) no space b/w hands - 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 2/2, 2/2
A2. DFD pushups / 31X1 - 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4

So this was my first time doing rope chins, and theyre pretty rough on the hands. I did these with my hands basically touching, left hand on top first for 2-3 reps, then right hand on top for the same number of reps. My standard for making a rep on these rope chins is that my chin has to get above the top hand, which I did on every rep I did today. I didn't do tempo on the rope chins this time around because I wanted to make sure I wasn't choosing a variation that was too difficult for my current strength level, but I think I'll try to tempo them next BASb session. That will surely be hard on the grip.

DFD pushups are pushups in the downward facing dog position from yoga; I'm using them to help me work towards handstand pushups. On these, I was focusing on keeping my SA active throughout the range of motion, although I lost focus on this during some of the middle sets. I also tried to make the movement mimic, as closely as possible, the movement into and out of the bottom portion of a HSPU. My plan with these is to increase the height of my feet as I get stronger with it and eventually have my torso completely vertical. Then I'll take them against the wall.

B1. db cuban rotation / 5011 - 5#s x 5 x 10

My shoulders were pretty shot going into these, but I made it through em with a nice burn in my upper back and rear delts area.

C1. wrist conditioning
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote