View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #43
Hunter Laing

Fri 10-25-13
MUa1

am - skipped

I was supposed to do my SASb session today this am, but I am trying to be careful about my elbow, and my left shoulder was so sore yesterday that, last night while I was sleeping, if I rolled over on it in the wrong way it would wake me up.

I've been feeling a little under-recovered lately, even though I'm still making PRs in everything, and I'd like to get back to feeling awesome while making PRs. Maybe I'm going through Broz's "dark times", but I've got to go back to HSC for homecoming tomorrow, and I'm visiting my granddad who has just had surgery on his eyes and knees next week, so this seems like a good enough time as any to back off a little bit.

I also think I need a little more focus on mobility, so I will work on that, and try to incorporate some kind of SMR/stretching routine before bed every night.

Also I'm taking the jerk back out of my OLY sessions for now. Its just a little too much stress on the shoulders at the moment, and I'd rather make progress with MUs and rope climbing and work towards HSPUs than have a big jerk.

_______

pm - OLY

joints
foam roll
band squat mob
band shoulder series

A1. 4x3 clean off blocks (below knees) @ 85%
40 x 2 x 3
50 x 2 x 3
55 x 3
60 x 3
64 x 3
67 x 3
69 x 4 x 3 PR

The pulls on these felt really good, as I focused on spreading my knees sideways and out of the way of the bar for a more vertical pull, as well as sweeping the bar into my hips. The landings, however, didn't feel great. My knees were a little stiff going into the session, but on the second set at 50 I felt my left knee tweak a little. I wrapped it up and continued with the session, but was being really tentative with getting under the bar. I paid a lot of attention to landing on my left heel especially, but I would still feel that little tweak every now and then. On the sets at 69, I started trying to not sink so deep into the hole, because I think I might be going too deep and loosening up shit that should be tight. I dunno, I'm gunna have to play with this for a while because I really want this knee shit to stop.

B1. Front Squat
b x 2 x 5
40 x 2 x 5
60 x 3
70 x 3
75 x 3
80 x 1
85 x 1
90 x 1 PR

So I wasn't really sure what I was doing, rep wise, on front squats today and just decided to squat. I ended up with a PR, but thats not surprising considering that I've cleaned 190# when my FS "PR" was 185#. My knee actually felt pretty good during these, and I wasn't going as low as I possibly could.

C1. foam roll

Took a lax ball to my left knee during this, and it felt pretty good.

D1. couch stretch

I read today, from Greg Everett, that something to look at when dealing with knee pain is hip flexor tightness, and I've never stretched my hip flexors before so I will be looking into that.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote