Hunter Laing

Tue 10-29-13
MUa1.5

am - BASa(d)

joints
wrist stretches
shoulders-front

A1. seated MU - 1 rep every 1:50 x 6

These went well today, and on the last two sets I actually managed to slow the negative down a little.

B1. seated db ext rot - 5.75# x 2 x 10 each arm

C1. shoulders-back

D1. wrist conditioning

_________

pm - BASb(d)

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1. rope ground row (chest to hands) / 31x1 - 6, 6, 6, 4
A2. DFD pushup / 31x1 - 6, 6, 6, 6

I think part of the pain that I have been feeling in my left shoulder is by biceps long tendon(or something like that) that became irritated last week during rope chins, so I decided to back off to an easier version until the grip and everything on my left side catches up to my right. I focused on retraction and depression with these.

DFD pushups went well, but I need to start standardizing the distance between my hands and feet so that I dont change the angle of my torso as the sets go on. On these I focused on keeping my SA active and keeping my bows close to my sides .

B1. close-grip tuck L chins (chest to bar) / 31x1 - 5, 6
B2. ring dips / 31x1 - 6, 6

I have been toying with the weekly layout of this MU accumulation cycle because of the different pains I've been having, and I will be doing two different sets of BA push/pull exercises in the BASb session starting next week for a little more variety in an effort to avoid overuse injuries for a while.

C1. db cuban rot - 5#s x 2 x 10

I don't think I'm ready for these yet, as I feel the seated db ext rots much more in my external rotations, and don't really get a burn from these in any particular spot.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote