am - EQ/BASa1

joints
wrist stretches
scaps

A1a. back body line drill - 1 x 20 sec
A1b. front body line drill - 1 x 20 sec
A1c. weighted tri lat ext stretch - 15# x 1 x 20 sec
A2. toe pull HS drill - 3 x 5

These felt pretty good today. I had a couple holds that were 5-6 seconds, but I feel like I didn't have the weight centered enough over my fingers. Next time I do this session, I may just do the body line HS drill instead of the toe pulls, and save toe pulls for the dedicated EQ session.

B1. seated MU - 1 rep every 1:50 x 15

These felt strong. I even had some really slow negative reps. On a couple reps I let my hands go out really wide, but I didn't miss any reps. Next session I'll be going down to 1:40 intervals.

C1. seated db ext rot - 5.75# x 3 x 10 each arm

I was feeling these in my infraspinatus pretty well on my left side, and even better on my right side. I definitely think I need to stick with these for now over the cuban rotations.

_______

pm - BASb2

joints
wrist stretches
shoulders-back

A1. incline rope climb - 6, 5, 5, 4, 4
A2. DFD pushup / 31x1 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

The incline rope climbs felt pretty good, but were tough on the hands. DFD pushups felt good, and I focused really hard on keeping SA active. I wasn't getting any popping in my left shoulder like I usually get during these, so I think my scap position was pretty good.

B1. close grip tuck L chin (chest to bar) / 31x1 - 6, 4, 3
B2. ring dips / 31x1 - 6, 5, 4

Chins were rough today. I was focusing on retraction and depressing my scape before each pull, and then focused on pulling with my lats. Ring dips were also really tough today, and I was having trouble getting to a strong locked out elbow position at the top of some reps.

C1. seated db ext rot - 5.75# x 2 x 10 each arm

D1. shoulders-front

I think I may have tried to start rope climbing too soon, and I'm thinking about cutting out the rope climbing progressions and instead doing 10 sets of tuck L chins, and maybe cut the ring dips out too and do 10 sets of the DFD pushups. I still have some time to figure out which way I want this cycle to go, as I'll be spending the next two weeks helping out my grandfather who just got out of surgery, so my training might not be as consistent as I'd like it to be.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote