am - LB

joints

A1. deadlift
b x 5
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5

Since I'm taking a break from the oly lifting to try to let my left knee heal, I need a new goal to work towards for lower body sessions. I figure the deadliest would be a pretty good lift to work towards because I haven't doe it in a really long time and it doesn't require too much flexion at the knees so it won't bother my left knee while I try to rehab it.

Today, I focused on using my legs to drive the bar up and on not pulling it up with my back.

B1. db bulgarian split squat / 31x1 - 20#s x 3 x 3 each leg
B2. db straight leg romanian deadlift / 31x1 - 20#s x 3 x 5

So I decided to work on some one legged squat variations to try and build up the left leg more around the knee. I wanted to do 5-8 sets of 3 for each leg, but my left knee was giving my problems. It was weird though, because when I was pushing off my left leg it felt fine, but when it was up on the bench, I would feel the same twinge when I was in the bottom position. Db deadlifts felt good, and I tried to focus on using my ass to do most of the movement.

C1. one leg hops, left - 3 x 50
C2. one leg balance, left - eyes closed x 3 x 20 sec
C3. one leg hops, right - 3 x 50
C4. one leg balance, right - 3 x 20 sec

I wanted to do one leg jump ropes instead of just hops but the gym didn't have a jumprope. This surprisingly set my calves on fire the whole time I was doing it. I'm hoping that a little lower leg strengthening will help with my knee problems, because its not something I've ever really done seriously before.

______

pm - EQ1

joints
wrist stretches
shoulders-front

A1. back body line drill - 3 x 20 sec
A2. pigeon - 3 x 5 each side

Back body line drill was feeling pretty easy. I did left side first on pigeons today, but my right side is much stiffer so I'll do right side first next time.

B1. front body line drill - 3 x 20
B2. one leg straight leg good morning - 3 x 5 each side

Front body line drill was ok. I need to get my hands farther off the ground and keep my legs straight. One legged GMs were pretty bad on both sides; I was struggling to keep my leg straight throughout, and was having problems getting all the way to parallel, but later sets were much better than the first one.

C1. weight tri lat ext - 15# x 3 x 20 sec
C2. HS body line wall drill - 3 x 30 sec

Tri lat exts felt good, my whole upper body is a little tight from the BAS sessions yesterday. HS body line wall drill also went well, but I need to practice my cambered hands.

D1. HS toe pulls - 3 x 5
D2. 4 pos hip lift - 3 x 5 each side

HS toe pulls weren't great at the start, but I had a very solid and easy 8 sec hold in the third set. I think part of this is that I wasn't using cambered hands for the first two sets, and when I did on the third it gave me a lot more control over the HS. My right side is absolutely fucked on these, so hopefully working this and the pigeons will improve my mobility on that side. This is weird because I always thought it was my left side that was more immobile.

E1. prone overgrip dislocates - 5# x 3 x 10

F1. wrist conditioning
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote