View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Andrew Kerwin

I can agree with that.

For awhile on my cleans at least I would just set my shoulder blades back and down and then go.

Snatching I was always kind of a dynamic starter (I've never had a coach), so I just kept with it. However, how I do it has changed a few times over the course of my lifting.

True to fashion in regards to experimenting and learning I now set up from the top down for a clean instead of the bottom up, though I am still incorporating a dynamic start (I'll eventually post more videos). It has been helping me to engage my hams and by putting my shoulder blades back and down (like I used to) I can keep my arms straight for the entire start. I like where it's going though I think it needs a little tweaking yet.

As far as kilos I don't think it will do much either, however if an athlete is drawn to it and is capable of doing it on either lift I wouldn't see a problem with it. From my experience it gives me tons more confidence then just sitting in a static start position and at this point I would probably feel almost lost without doing it. Don't hold me to that though because that could always change haha.
Andrew Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote