View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Blake Barnes

Kristoffer,

Overall your lifts look pretty good.

In the starting position, I would tighten up your back and pull your chest up a little more. It looks like your starting a little bit high and you have your vision focused down rather than straight ahead. There's a great article on the starting position by Greg here.

Looks like there is a little bit of instability in the bottom position of the Snatch. There are plenty of drills you can do to help strengthen this part of the movement. Snatch Push Presses - Overhead Squats - Snatch Balance - Press in Snatch are all very beneficial. There is also a very good article ("Overhead Stability in the Snatch") written about overhead stability that may help you out.

The starting position for the Clean looks a bit better than the Snatch starting position. The only thing is that when you bring it up it looks like you shoot your knees back a little too far. You do want to get the knees back but not that fast and not that much.

The Jerk isn't bad. The only things I have on that is step your front foot out more and don't lock out your back leg. Keep you back knee soft so that you can absorb the weight with your hips straight down and create a more stable base.

But like I said, the lifts don't looks bad at all. Just keep at it and it will all come around.