View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Liam Dougherty Springer

In my experience there have been some down sides to going to extreem on the IF or AD when combineing the two including agitation and fat gain/ muscle loss....

I believe it is do to glycogen depletion and long fasts not being a very synergistic couple....

That being said I have found that when wanting the hormonal effects of cyclic carb loading and the bennifit of IF I can combine the two in a very synergistic mannor as long as any long fasts are done in the day or two post carb up and I add some fruit into the mix post workout and in my first and last meals. This will end up being a slightly higher percentage often times than a strict AD would require however fasting in my experience makes up for the increased carb intake.

There is some clinical evidence that would support this I believe haveing to do with fat addaptation and increased keton production even in a higher carb diet while IFing you could find links in some threads around here.... MODs' site is the place to go if you want to get into that stuff.
Liam Dougherty Springer is offline   Reply With Quote