View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Blake Barnes

Congratulations on going 6 for 6, that's awesome!

For both the snatch and the clean, wait a little longer before you go into that second pull. Let the bar make contact a little higher (into the hip on the snatch and higher on the thigh on the clean). Then continue to open up/extend as much as possible. Think about finishing with the shoulders behind the hips. Block snatches/cleans would be beneficial because it requires you to be more aggressive and helps on finishing that extension.

I wouldn't say you're staying over the bar too long, but it does look like you're not shifting your weight to the back of the foot on the first pull. I would try some Halting Snatch DLs (I think that's Carlos's "pause deadlifts").

On the jerk, it looks like you're putting a little too much weight on the front leg. Punch the bar back and bring the hips straight down. You can see a little forward shift after you split. I suggest doing some Split Push Presses (behind the neck) and focusing on hips sinking straight down (underneath the bar) and keeping your weight distributed a little more evenly.

I understand these are heavy weights and technique isn't going to be flawless. It's Just something to look for whenever you are analyzing yourself in the future.
Blake Barnes
Blake Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote