View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Manuel Buitrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brennan View Post
My campus gym has decided to stop letting me do the full lifts, so I've purchased my own set to lift at home. Because of my schedule, I'd like to do a morning workout at the gym, consisting of squats/presses/pulls, then a late afternoon workout of snatch/c&j/complexes.

Is there some kind of secret to splitting it up like this? Could I take a training cycle like the Front Squat Emphasis and split it like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The first step in this kind of training is to simply split up your current workload over both sessions. So if you do 4 movements, do two in the morning and two in the afternoon. Its tempting to add more due to the break but you might end up doing too much volume too early than you can recover from.

There are different ways to break things up. Some will do strength work in one session, technical work in the other. Or you can some strength and some technical work each session. Or some break things up along other parameters (e.g. volume in one session, intensity in the other). Where you put these is dependent on the program you are splitting up and the time where you feel best mentally and physically for the task at hand.
Manuel Buitrago is offline   Reply With Quote