Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Olympic Weightlifting

Old 09-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #1
Greg Lewy

Default Snatch and Clean Feedback

The last 2 months I have been working hard to try to get my technique on point with my snatch and clean. Im still relatively new to the sport, been at for 2 months, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Clean

Snatch

Greg Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Blake Barnes

Both lifts look good. It looks like you're very athletic. I just found a couple of things from the videos.

Snatch - You're jumping back a little bit which is fine as long as the bar is moving back with you (which it is, in your case). Although this looks like an easy weight for you so be careful when it gets heavier. The reason you're jumping back is because you're picking your feet up off of the platform too soon. Stay flat footed just a little bit longer before you go into the 2nd pull. Also, your elbows are going straight back instead of up and out as they should be to correctly execute the 3rd pull.

Clean - Try to open up a little more on the extension. Your body is straight up and down and your feet are almost flat. Push through the floor longer and open up a little more. Also, same thing with the snatch, bring your elbows up and out as you pull yourself down under the bar to receive it.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
Greg Lewy

Thanks for the feedback! Greatly appreciated...Yea I have had problems with full extension on my clean, slowly getting there.

I was wondering why I was jumping back on my snatches, thanks for that!

Will defiantly work on the elbows in both lifts...I assume doing snatch/clean pulls will help me with this?
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Blake Barnes

I would do some snatch/clean high pulls and make sure you're pulling the elbows up and out.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Andrew Kerwin

I know this is in no way helpful but I love the fact that backstreet boys (I think) is playing in the background of the clean video. Hysterical.
Andrew Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
Greg Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Barnes View Post
I would do some snatch/clean high pulls and make sure you're pulling the elbows up and out.
Thanks Blake, will include those in my program now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kerwin View Post
I know this is in no way helpful but I love the fact that backstreet boys (I think) is playing in the background of the clean video. Hysterical.
Yes it is backstreets haha...nothing wrong with some classics while working out