Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Hunter Laing

Tue 9-17-13
bw4h8
cort2

e.pm - OLY

joints/dynaflex
squat mob
AM fem/bar

A1. hi hang clean - non max heavy single
95 x 2 x 3
115 x 2 x 3
125 x 2
135 x 1
145 x 2 x 1
155 x 1

These felt good today, very easy. Today I noticed that sometimes, even if my right foot lands on the heel, my left foot lands on the toe to make up for some ankle mobility differences, and I think that might be a reason for some of the knee pain I get in my left leg and not my right. The squat mobility work I've been doing, which includes rolling IT bands, adductors, and glutes, then v rolls, fire hydrants, and some MWod stuff, really helped today. I also starting looking up a little higher than usual, and I think it resulted in a slightly more upright posture in the hole; I will experiment more with this.

B1. ankle mob - roll calves and feet, ankle rocks
B2. shrimps - back knee only x 2 x 5 each leg
B3. harop curl - hand assisted x 2 x 5
B4. pistol switches - 20# x 1 x 5 sec each, 20# x 1 x 10 sec each

I'm really liking the combination of some "strength" movements with my ankle mobility, because I feel like it opens up new ranges of motion that I am then immediately able to use, and hopefully that will lead to lasting gains and the ability to do these one-leg moves well so I can move on to some more advanced LGPs. Also I feel like I'm getting closer to a full harop curl from parallel.

C1. super squat hip sequence

_________

pm - EQ1

joints
wrist stretches
straddle

A1. back body line drill - 3 x 20 sec
A2. weighted bench shoulder stretch - 20# x 3 x 30 sec

Body line drill felt good today, 20 sec was pretty easy. I also started to look at my hands during the hold to get the same feeling of being in a handstand. Shoulder stretches felt good, and I think helped me open up my shoulders more for my work against the wall than the bridge pushups did.

B1. HS body line wall drill - 3 x 30 sec
B2. half straddle downs - 1 x 6 / sit in straddle - 2 x 30 sec

HS body line drills felt good, line looked decent, and I practiced the cambered hand technique for the first time, which felt very solid. I had intended on doing 3x10 half straddle downs, but I felt some tenderness in my left hamstring/adductor from last week and decided not to push it, so I just sat in a straddle with as upright posture as I could. Also, my whole lower body is already sore from the intense stretching I've been doing before and after my OLY sessions.

C1. gatherings - piked x 10, 8, 6 w/ 10 sec hold on last rep

Got all sets of gatherings unbroken today. Might repeat this next EQ session, and then add more reps or another set.

D1. wrist conditioning

E1. shoulders

Forgot to do these in the warmup, although I might like them better as a cool down.
Hunter Laing is offline   Reply With Quote