Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 04-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #21
Eva Claire Synkowski

dude - that sucks. from the ring dips, ey? you still did another couple wods after that. hope it heals asap.
Eva Claire Synkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #22
Pierre Auge

Yeah its basically from doing too much too fast... I should know better but sometimes my enthusiasm gets he best of me!

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:02 AM   #23
Pierre Auge

I'm trying Rip's shoulder rehab program:

20 sets of 5 chins everyday for two weeks...

So far so good I'm on day two and my shoulder felt like crap waking up but it feels pretty good now... Performed a modified WOD:

3 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
Squat 75 reps

Time: 12:04

I feel pretty good and I'm fasting...

(Note: The term "Waking up" is being used loosely since that would involve actually sleeping, but since no sleep actually occured the term - getting up out of bed may be more accurate)

(Note: The term "Bed" is being used loosely since that would involve actually sleeping in a bed, but since I slept on a couch the term sleeping aparatus is perhaps more accurate)

(Note: The term "Slept" - See "Waking Up")

(Note To Self: Get some sleep!)

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Old 05-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #24
Rick Deckart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Auge View Post
I'm trying Rip's shoulder rehab program:

20 sets of 5 chins everyday for two weeks...

So far so good I'm on day two and my shoulder felt like crap waking up but it feels pretty good now... Performed a modified WOD:
Hi Pierre could you elaborate about this program a bit more? Thanks!
Rick Deckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #25
Pierre Auge

He basically gave me two options

20x5 very often or 5x20 two times per week. I like the 20x5 personally. But the point is to strengthen the shoulder girdle by doing whatever variation of pull-up does not agrevate the shoulder injury... For me right now its chins or suppinated pull-ups.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:31 AM   #26
Pierre Auge

7 May 07

10:00 minutes max reps of:
1 Handed Thruster 45# (left arm only)

Score: 80

Needed something quick and simple before this mornings pers trng session. I rarely do unilateral work anymore but since I hurt my right shoulder have decided to put more emphasis on it because of its potency as a shoulder prehab tool.

Smart Bilateral Barbell work will make you strong.
Smart Unilateral Dumbbell work will make you bomb proof.

Not feeling any worse for the wear several hours later and I'm fasting. Though I keep jonesing for a coffee I'm going to get another one and thats three already today!

Old 05-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #27
Eva Claire Synkowski

so is the may comp out of the picture?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
Pierre Auge

Quote:
so is the may comp out of the picture?
Yep it looks like it. I spoke to Rip last week about possibly salvaging it but after going another week with what he and I had planned I don't think I want to risk it. I'm bummed!

Better safe then sorry. This shit always happens to me - get rhabdo, recover get better over a month or two then WHAM get hit by a car get rhabdo AGAIN, recover over three months, then just about ready to go to this meet and WHAM I jack myself up doing too much being all gung-ho like always.

Oh well it could be worse I could have been killed by either the first bout of rhabdo, the ordeal with the car, the second bout of rhabdo induced by the car, or have completely destroyed my shoulder!

Count my blessings I guess, I get to help and watch everyone else be good at stuff I enjoy doing! I'm a hobby lifter anyways. The next meet is three months hence maybe I'll be in good enough shape then.

did some snatches tonight:
95x2
115x2
135x2 scratched a couple of times
140x1

This took so much out of me that I couldn't carry on, I had no focus and could barely convince myself to extend and pull-under the bar. Not a good mental state in which to lift heavy things over ones head. Was mving really slow. Called her quits. Try again on wednesday maybe...................... big maybe

Snatches don't really bother my shoulder they only fatigue it. Jerks on the other hand hurt real bad. I'm convinced I fucked up supraspinatus. Ugg this is going to take a while to heal! FUCK

Old 05-07-2007, 11:03 PM   #29
Rick Deckart
Banned

You should lend yourself a shoulderhorn. When my supraspinatus was inflammed working out with the shoulderhorn and approriate poundages was the key for recovery. It took me 3 weeks from an arm barely able to lift beyond 15 degree to full recovery...
Rick Deckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:47 AM   #30
Eva Claire Synkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Auge View Post
This shit always happens to me - get rhabdo, recover get better over a month or two then WHAM get hit by a car get rhabdo AGAIN, recover over three months, then just about ready to go to this meet and WHAM I jack myself up doing too much being all gung-ho like always.
i dont think i would put rhabo, car accident, and being enthusiastic in the same category. let's hope rhabdo x 2 and car incident were NOT the "always happen" to you type of events. id like to think those were more freak incidents! now the being gung-ho thing.... well, youre screwed.

sorry about the comp - but youll be back to form soon enough!