Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
Earl

Default Diet

I asked Eva T whom I've never met in person about her diet. I dabble with crossfit I really like the variety but I also do a fair amount of Westside based lifting using Bands, chains etc. I also run a fair amount.
My question I'm currently 6'4" 240 lbs and I'm trying to lean out and increase my vascularity. Anyway, I'm quasi-vegitarian ( a don't eat red meat) I recently started trying to eating a small meal every two no more than three hours.... Primarily consisting of Lean Chicken breast, vegetables ( Broccoli or spinach) grapes,pineapple, LARA Bars, Almonds ( Blue diamond ) or my weakeness Sunflowers seeds which I could eat all day. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Supplements:
Wobenzym for periodic Inflammation
Muscle Milk occasionaly
Lots of water at least 12 8 oz serving a day
Old 10-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Robb Wolf

Well…grapes pineapple and Lara bars are pretty high glycemic index. Without knowing exact proportions its hard to say where you are in all of this. Whenever I hear “vegetarian” in any form I start thinking carb-aholic. Add to that the statement of transitory inflammation and I’m thinking that even more. What type and how much fat are you taking in? You might have problems with dairy and the muscle milk should be an emergency food IMO. Sunflower seeds are loaded with n-6 fatty acids…are you supplementing with fish oil to balance this out? An overabundance of n-6’s can exacerbate inflammation. Looks like we need more information to go forward here!
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
Earl

Not really into a carbo-aholic I usually have one large chicken breast coupled with some grapes or bars or nuts every couple hour very portion sensitive. I only use the Muscle Milk maybe once amonth. I'm not supplmenting with any fish oil. I talk the WObenzym when the joints hurt as do BJJ Brazilian Jui_jitsu, Muay Thai etc. Fat I usually get are form the almonds, Sunflower seed. I not really trying to avoid fat. Really appreciate you help

I dropped 20 pounds in like 2 months and now I've been at a plateau for like 8 weeks. What brand of fish oil do you recommend. Willing to try it but looking ofr some thing with ahigh level of Purity

Last week food intake:
Monday:
1 Chicken Breast grilled (skinless), about 1 cup of grapes;Two hours later Another chicken breast, nothign else, two hour later Lara Bar and my workout which was the Crossfit "Barbara" dinner consited of Home made Bean Burritos using Whole Black beans, a little Cheese, Tomatoes, and Lettuce. I had three of these a small thing of Pineapple about and hour before bed
Tuesday:
1 chicken breast 2 hrs later a bean burrito ( left overs) 2 hrs later Chicken breast, 2 hrs later burrito and the Crossfit WOD "Tabata Something" dinner was Boca Burger, on whole Wheat Bun, Sweet Potato Fries baked.
Wednesday:
Chicken Breast, Small serving of Almonds, 2 hrs later Lara Bar, 2 hrs later Chicken breast, 2 hrs later Power Bar Organic Rest Day, Dinner Sloppy Joes using Boca Meatless Ground, whole wheatr Bun, no cheese and a small salad no dressing.
Thursday:
Chicken Breast, 2 hrs Almonds grapes, chicken breeast Crossfit WOD Helen Dinner Ground Turkey Stir fry

friday:

chicken Breast and grapes, 2hr later Almonds grapes, 2 hours Chiken breast and Power Bar Organic Blueberry, Workout Combination of Strenght and cardio

Saturday rest

Fresh fruit smoothie Blue Berry and Pineapple; some almonds

Each day consumed about 12 8 Oz serving of water if not more. Very Proportion aware and attempting to burn 1000 calories per workout per heart monitor.

I dropped the weight and have been at this platueas for like 10 weeks and recently started to gain weight. Frustrated and really have been somewhat depriving my self. Typically have a small glass of wine at night with dinner
Old 10-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Earl

I Did have some Ice Cream (coldstone over the weekend) small amount I usually a little loss on the weekend Pancakes home made driping butter etc. But that is about it
Old 10-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
Robb Wolf

Nothing looks terrible. You might try decreasing the fruit on some days just to mitigate insulin levels if you are trying to lean out. Let recovery be your guide here...if you are feeling flat up the carbs a bit. Costco has an excellent brand of fish oil: KIrkland. Inexpensive and good wuality. If you tinker with the carb levels let me know what the results are!
Robb Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote