Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Other

Old 06-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #151
Pierre Auge

What I like about Greg is he is an extremely consistent hard charging guy and a genuinely nice person.

To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. - Douglas Adams
Pierre Auge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #152
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Auge View Post
Essentially I've seen the best results with my people with short sub 10-15 minute WOD's Monday to Friday preceded by heavy ME work. Saturday's and Sunday's are reserved for long drawn out 20-40 minute efforts but anything past 40 minutes is stupid and not productive in my opinion.
I am down with the how Pierre laid it out above. Unfortunately with my level of ability on P/U's there were a lot of WOD's that took me into that 40 minute land. I think my personal favorite of the long ones was the filthy 50. For some reason I always felt really good about motoring through that one. Dead tired but mentally it made me feel good!

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #153
Jane Michel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Forbis View Post
Issue 33, May 2005
Thanks for that Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Auge View Post
Don't scale any lower than your ability to perform a movement safely for 5-10 consecutive repetitions. Why because if you can do 5-10 at a time then you can do a hundred, it just might take you an hour. And I'm ok with that! Actually I will stop a person at 25 - 30 minutes but thats because we do heavy lifting before most of our WODs anyways.

Do I make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
By smart WOD's I mean intensity and brevity...with some not insignificant power and strength demands. Build GPP but leave a little in the tank for other activities. About 3 years ago the WOD's were just becoming more and more volume. Kelly is a perfect example: 5 rounds of 400M run, 30 box jumps, 30 Wall ball.

That is just a shit load of work...great for a gut check and mental toughness but you really need to monitor how and when you drop those in. A few WOD's like that and there is not much left for strength development IMO. I'll likely be called a pussy for that sentiment but from my own experience of coaching folks and trying to maintain/improve my own athleticism and CF numbers those gigantic scorchers take a bunch.
Thanks for explaining that Pierre and Robb.. now I have a rough idea of how to scale and how to choose WODs. I am logging the strength workouts and WODs done (will probably be mostly Fran and Helen).. this is going to be an interesting experiment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Wolf View Post
I've bene doing a weighed measure Zoen because we are really pushng our clients to do ti and I felt like if I could nto nut-up an ddo it I had no business recomendign it to others. Lead by example perhaps? I'm adapting...I'm very lean, performance is good but it is a daily struggle. I hate the weighing amdn measurign...always feel a little hungry even at 5x fat...oh well! I just tweak things such that I do ~50% of my carb blocks as fruit in the post WO period and then it makes the later meals easier to manage.
Robb, about the Zone, do you find yourself doing better on it as compared to the Anabolic Diet? Have any of your clients done both?
Jane Michel is offline   Reply With Quote