Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Combat Sports

Old 09-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Sam Cannons

Default UFC 75 (spoiler)

A bit of a dissapointing night for me. (I'm a crocop/henderson fan) Big suprise when the Bispin Hamil fight went to the score cards, i thought Hamil should have won that, he had the take downs,aggression and for the most part out punch him. The Henderson Rampage was a good fight, i thought henderson would do a bit better but thats the nature of the game.
Sam Cannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Robert Allison

Yeah, I thought Hamill got robbed. Everybody I watched the fight with wondered what fight the judges were watching. That is one of the few truly bad decisions I have seen in the UFC.

I have always been a big fan of CroCop, but what can you say? I thought that Kongo was clearly the dominat fighter for most of the bout. CroCop is at his best when he is moving forward, stalking. Anytime he is forced out of his comfort zone, he becomes very tentative, as he did against both Gonzaga and Kongo.

Although I was rooting for Dan Henderson, I still like Rampage and thought it was a great fight. Henderson looked strong in the first two rounds, but then started to fade, which was a little surprising since his conditioning is usually top-notch. Rampage has a size and strength advantage, which probably started to wear Henderson down.

Still, the fight was close enough to probably justify a rematch. But Henderson might be better served by going down to 185. He is probably a little smaller than most of the Light Heavies in the UFC, but would immediately be a leading contender in the middle weight division.
Robert Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Greg Everett
Administrator

Hamill was ripped off. He won that fight no question, and I was even pulling for Bisping.

Cro Crop was definitely disappointing. I was hoping Henderson could pull that one off, but my hat's off to Jackson - he worked the ground and everything else remarkaby well.

"Without a doubt the best book on the market about Olympic-style weightlifting." - Mike Burgener, USAW Senior International Coach

American Weightlifting: The Documentary
Catalyst Athletics
Performance Menu Journal
Greg Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
William Hunter

Three of us watched at my house and all agreed that Hamill clearly won. I'd been fairly impressed with Bisping up to that point (especially his sound bites) but he acted like a punk afterwards, telling Hamill to go back to wrestling. He needs to watch the tape of that fight.

Jackson/Henderson was a high quality fight. Rampage was just too big and strong over 5 rounds.

Cro Cop has looked awful the last two times out. One more egg like that and the retirement whispers will start.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
Yael Grauer

Hamill had some sloppy punches but he totally won that fight! Insane!! And I was disappointed with Cro Cop too.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 AM   #6
Jonas Lind

It was sad to se CroCop...
Hamill won, but only barely IMO.
Rampage has never looked better, one of the better titlefights.
Marcus Davis and Paul Taylor should be on every card.
Give Alexander an opponent with a gameplan.
Jonas Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #7
Michael Miller

Kongo is a beast, that outcome was not much of a suprise to me.

Hamil & Bisping was a disappointment, not quite sure what the judges were watching!
Hamils hands still need work, but without a doubt he is throwing better than he ever has.
I have no clue why he kept letting Bisping up once he was on the ground...he did it several times. I have often thought how difficult it must be not to have instructions from your corner, or even to be able to hear the crowd, or ref, or know how much time you have left in a round...just moving in silence. I think it says alot about a person who can motivate, get themselves out of bad situations, and cheer themselves on...all alone.

Not to take anything away from Rampage, but thats not the Dan Henderson i have seen all those times! If i didnt know any better i would have thought that fight was fixed!
Dan has fought alot bigger/stronger guys in the past! Dan just layed there letting Rampage hold him, then towards the end he decides to start scrambling back to his feet again. Like Randy said, "Dan will get up when he wants to"
As far as his conditioning, watch the breathing and body language in both their corners...Jackson looks far more gassed!
I dunno what the deal was but Dan looked nothing like he usually does...very weird and disappointing!
Michael Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #8
John Seiler

Hamill was robbed; plain and simple. While I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, I'm definitely put off by Dana's reaction: "These controversies that come up don't mean a thing to me and they roll off my back with no problem because I know it's all (expletive),". He really needs to care. Perception is reality; look at boxing. I'll be loathe to give him anymore of my money until he starts to care. Definitely boycotting UFC76 in protest.

Henderson would be best served to stay at 185. Cro Cop should drop to 205. He'd be a MUCH scarier fighter at that weight.

Can't wait to see Alexander against some better competition. Maybe he can kill-off Bisping for us. We thought "The Count" ran like a b-tch against Hamill, let Houston get after him.
John Seiler is offline   Reply With Quote