Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
Ethan Pack

September 20, 2007

AM Weigh-In
Weight: 286.8
Body Fat (Tanita Scale): Error
Waist: 51.5"

Comments
I've got to be losing weight from somewhere! I know I've only had a 3.4 pound reduction since starting on the 10th, but I'd be willing to bet that I've already added a teeny bit of muscle as well. My waist is still hovering between 51" and 52" - although it's been more towards the lower end of that small spectrum in recent measurements. I'm glad to see a downward trend in my "dry" AM measurements. Like most (read: all) men, I definitely want to see some movement in the belly fat department, but I'm really just back into serious weight-loss mode and I know that patience is a necessity. I do see my legs above the knees starting to lean out a bit as well as a wee bit of definition starting to come in between my traps and delts, delts and triceps, and overall fat loss from the upper chest and upper back.

Today I'm eating. The hunger on fast days is really minimal at this point and the few hunger pangs I experienced yesterday were brief, not very intense, and passed rather quickly. I desire very little food now on eating days and most carb and junk food cravings are minor. I've already had some chicken, eggs, a big blueberry muffin, and am about to grab a large salad on romaine loaded with chicken and tomatoes. Of course plenty of cold water and two to four cups of hot black coffee are staples during both eating and fasting days. If I need more calories on eating days, I might employ one or two 16oz servings of skim milk or one or two daily servings of 50g whey protein in milk or water.

As far as training, I haven't been training fasted, but I'm certainly open to it and may use it as a "secret weapon" if and when I feel it will help me drop more fat. My training has been pretty intense, strong, and productive. I really want to get my numbers up (as much as possible while cutting of course) in the core powerlifting movements to keep me psychologically happy with proof of CNS adaptation, lean muscle preservation (or addition,) and strength preservation (or addition.)

Training Log
Standing Military Press - 65x10, 85x8, 105x6, 135x4, 135x4, 135x4
Hammer Dips - 180x10, 210x8, 240x6, 270x4, 270x4, 270x4
Dumbbell Lateral Raises - 10x10, 15x8, 20x6, 25x4, 25x4, 25x4
Cable Triceps Pushdown - 100x4, 100x4, 100x4
Close Grip Bench Press - 95x8, 95x8, 95x8

Cardio Log
ArcTrainer - HIIT: MEx20sec, Recoveryx60sec, 12 Minutes

PM Weigh-In
Weight: 290.0
Body Fat (Tanita Scale): 35.0%
Waist: 51.5"