Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Body Composition

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Mike Shaw

Default Any Thoughts????

Hi all,

Just so you know this is a crosspost that I also posted from Crossfit in search of some answers. I hope any response give me some answers and helps any others in the same position..... Many Thanks

I have been on a search for some time and whilst I have been through the archives I dont seem to be able to find the answer's needed.

Im wanting to build proper muscle whilst adding strength to MMA / BJJ type workouts, I have also just returned to doing early morning SS / Mass Gain Style workouts. In the past I have repeatedly overtrained / not eaten a proper diet and have paid the price, this was a result of either a particularly stressful ME, CF or personal situation resulting in a crash.

My average week consists of the following:

AM PM
M SS BJJ
T SS MMA
W REST REST
T SS "WOD / GIRLS"
F RINGS REST
S LIGHT SS REST
S REST REST

Average day would consist of the SS workout's AM for approx 1hr then MMA training for approx 2 hours PM , Thursday evening is for high intense CF.
Whilst my job is not extremly physical the average output is more than someone at a computer all day........ Resting usually Wed, Sat night and Sun and given the above schedule I'm fearful of overtraining and am starting to feel it.

I have searched through a lot of workout / nutrition logs but cant seem to find a daily breakdown of food and the approx cal of my consumption relative to my output.....

AVERAGE DAILY MEAL CONSISTS OF FOLLOWING:

Pre AM W/O
2 EGGS, APPLE, ALMONDS
POST AM W/O
SHAKE w 2 x SCOOPS WHEY, 2 x BANANA'S, FLAXSEED OIL, APPLE JUICE
11 AM SNACK
100g DELI ROAST BEEF / TURKEY, CUP ORANGE JUICE, 6 MACADAMIA'S
LUNCH
HALF CHICKEN, 2 CUPS STEAMED BROC, CUP ORANGE JUICE, MACADAMIA'S
5PM SNACK
100g DELI ROAST BEEF / TURKEY, CUP ORANGE JUICE, 6 MACADAMIA'S
DINNER
400g STEAK, SALAD, BROC, CHEESE
PRE BED
SHAKE w 2 x SCOOPS WHEY, FLAXSEED, APPLE JUICE, (6-10) FISH OIL TABS

Given the above I dont feel "Great" and have noticed that if I bump up the AM intensity it wrecks me by weeks end. MMA & BJJ & CF are all at ME so its all pretty taxing on my body.

Sorry for the indepth layout I just havent seen a well laid out daily activity plan plus an acurate meal intake plan in the same thread simlar to mine. (If you record one pleeeeeeease let me know)

SO/:

Do I need to up the intake of fats (or more food in general) to decrease the chances of overtraining? Average sleep 7-8 hrs per night.... I really like this schedule but am feeling lethargic at times an am not putting on any significant weight / muscle gains..... Whilst strength is slowly getting better I think it is my love of the sports that keep my intensity high even though I feel like crap.... And like I said previously if I have a particularly intense couple of days im wrecked by weeks end......

Surely a lot of people must do high intense CF, MMA, BJJ workouts and play sport.... How do you balance it all and whats your average meal intake for 1 day?????
Mike Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote