Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > General Nutrition

Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #11
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Zhuang View Post
Mike I noticed some water retention around my upper neck/lower chin area but it was particularly bad at the lower abdominal area.... does that mean allergy problems?
I'd say anytime the body rebels like that....it's trying to send you a message. If you feel better without them....then go without them.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #12
Greg Davis

Mike: have you replaced nuts with anything in particular to keep calories up? Or are you just finding meat + veggies + fats are doing you just fine? If I recall correctly you mostly eat a moderate sized lunch and large dinner..
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #13
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
Mike: have you replaced nuts with anything in particular to keep calories up? Or are you just finding meat + veggies + fats are doing you just fine? If I recall correctly you mostly eat a moderate sized lunch and large dinner..
I got rid of chicken pretty much and now eat more read meat. (the days of almond butter were when I ate a ton of chicken and not much red meat....thinking that was the "healthy" way) Just more sat (butter anyone?) and MUFA fat sources. I up the carbs at night for the most part too....since it is a larger dinner for me and I could find myself eating out. Trying to find the happy medium of keeping healthy while keeping a social life. I'm about to try a gain cycle and looking into whether I can tolerate whole fat goats milk (as cow's milk messes up my breathing)....although it is damn expensive.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #14
Jane Michel

Thanks for your advice Garrett and Mike. Before this thread I searched on this board and the CF boards for "nuts" and "bloating" but couldn't find anything and thought maybe nuts couldn't do that. But now I know cashews are dangerous
Old 05-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #15
Mike ODonnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Zhuang View Post
Thanks for your advice Garrett and Mike. Before this thread I searched on this board and the CF boards for "nuts" and "bloating" but couldn't find anything and thought maybe nuts couldn't do that. But now I know cashews are dangerous
Not sure they are "dangerous"...but just listen to your body...it will know best...if you feel better without something...then chances are you shouldn't be eating it for whatever reason that may be.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #16
Scott Kustes

I took this mango information into consideration when eating a mango today. I didn't try to get all of the flesh off of the skin...just cut what I could off and went to work on that.

Fitness Spotlight
Scott Kustes is offline   Reply With Quote