Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #431
Dave Paton

Allen,

How did the V-diet end up for you? I have flirted with it a few times. but haven't gone all-out with the commitment. was it worth it?
Dave Paton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:11 AM   #432
Derek Simonds

Hey man how you doing? It is unlike you to not post in your workout log in a week. Everything good? Is the trip to Orlando going to happen? Lot's of questions but just checking in with you.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #433
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Paton View Post
Allen,

How did the V-diet end up for you? I have flirted with it a few times. but haven't gone all-out with the commitment. was it worth it?
The weight loss aspect worked out great. But I didn't do the reintroduce solid food slowly thing(which should last ~2 weeks), 1 solid meal the first 5 days...then 2 solid meals...etc). Along with less than spectacular eating habits the last month due to various things I've gained some weight back that I lost originally.

Was it worth doing? Yes, I would recommend it doing as written.

Was it hard? Yes, after a few days all you want is something to chew, I ended up savoring the daily fiber tablet because the drinking of shakes just got old fast!

What would I change if I did it again? Do it right, I skipped a lot of the NEPA walks due to my excusing myself, I also let my wife stopping early to make it a reason why I skipped reintroducing solid food slowly.

Overall I went from 197 to 183 and now I'm back up to 190.
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #434
Allen Yeh

Derek,

I slack on throwing up my workout on the 10th because I felt pretty discouraged over not finishing the workout from the games (5 rounds of 275# DL's and 10 burpees). The 3rd set of DL's I felt like I hurt my back or something so I cut it short after the burpees.

I'm in NY right now for Hunter's followup appointment with the doctors here. So no workouts since Thursday. I should be back in VA by tomorrow afternoon. Back to the gym on Thursday, my back has felt ok the last few days.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:47 AM   #435
Derek Simonds

Cool man I just was concerned. Keep me posted on Hunter's doctor visit. That Crossfit games WOD was a man killer I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #436
Allen Yeh

July 10, 2008
BW = 192

1. Movement Prep warmup
inverted hamstring - backward - 8L/R
lateral lunge - 8L/R
lunge w/lateral flexion - forward - 8L/R
hand walk - 5
arm circles - 10F/B
arm hugs - 20
leg swings - 10 front to back L/R, 10side to sideL/R

2. Gymnastic Warmup
ring rows - 6
ring pushups - 10
frog stand - 20 seconds, 10 seconds

3. Neck WU
bridge on ground - 7F/B, 7F/B

4. Strength circuit (1 minute rest between each work set)
ring dips - w/30# vest - 3, 3, - just BW - 7, 7
chin-ups - w/ 30# vest - 2, 2, - NG just BW - 2, 6, 7 (arm hurting)
DL - 135 x 5, 235 x 2, 275 x 1

5. Metcon - CF Games 2008 #2
5 rounds:
5 - 275 # DL's
10 - burpees
Time: 3 rounds in 4:37

Notes:
-chinups were really straining my left arm today so I dropped the vest and banged out a few with a neutral grip without pushing it hard
-Metcon - What a spectacular failure, the 3rd set it became a set of 5 singles and I felt like I hurt my back on the 3rd set as well. Great.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #437
Allen Yeh

July 11, 2008

Nothing, tried to take it easy on my back, and a ton of unpacking at the house.

July 12, 2008

7 hour drive to NY - I knew better than to drive in the middle of the day, but I did it anyway!

July 13, 2008

Beach! What a great time, I can't believie it's been years since I've been at the beach. I got my butt kicked by a few waves.

July 14, 2008

Not much, hanging out with my family while Laurie and Hunter were at the doctor.

July 15, 2008

All day at the Water Park with my family, my brother and sister. Lots of fun!

July 16, 2008

Driving home and unpacking of stuff.

Crappy eating prevailed for all of these days.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #438
Derek Simonds

The beach is awesome. Seeing as how I have been at the beach 10 days in the month of July I would say my family enjoys it.

Crappy eating is part of family travel. I am glad you guys are back safely. How's your brother doing. You didn't make him almost pass out from holding the bottom position in a squat too long did ya?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #439
Allen Yeh

Ha that big pussy!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #440
Allen Yeh

July 17, 2008

1 KB farmers walk to local playground - 24KG switched hands as needed with Connor and Hunter.

Warmup
Did a mix of stuff from hand-to-hand KB drills, KB swings, stuff with iron woody band like band pull-aparts, band good mornings, band pulldowns...etc

~1 mile x 1 24KG KB farmers walk alternating with rack hold alternating hands - This was purely accidental, after being attacked by bugs at the local playground we decided to walk to the elementary school playground which is only a 5 minute walk from our house, I decided to take the trail and proceeded to get lost! After getting directions we finally got to the school. That KB got heavy after a bit!

Metcon This is half of Kettlebell Athletics July Challenge, the actual challenge is you ladder all the way up to 10 burpees
10 KB swings
1 burpee
10 KB swings
2 burpees
10 KB swings
3 burpees
10 kb swings
4 burpees
10 kb swings
5 burpees
Time: 2:37

Hill sprints x 3 - 9.04, 8.77, 8.56 w/ 30 seconds rest

Misc.
A bunch of other stuff with Connor, like bear crawls, pushups, jumping jacks, jumps onto and off of stuff.

Notes:
-At home workout.
-Farmers walk - I got a workout by accident here! By the time I got to the school I dripping with sweat.
-Metcon - Stopped after 5 burpees because Connor hurt himself.