Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Nutrition > Nutrition Logs

Old 08-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #51
John Alston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoon Sohn View Post
I am curious as to the whereabouts of your runaway avocado. Where could it have gone? Is it still in Amedeo's car? In the BlueStreak parking lot? In Gary Valentine's pocket?
It's in the black hole where my squat snatch went.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #52
Paul McKirdy

The avocado train had stopped, but started back today with a passion.

What's better than avocado for lunch? Two avocados for lunch. What's better than two avocados for lunch? Two avocados sliced into 6 wedges each then their skin peeled off and wrapped in rare roast beef. First time I ever did this, and OMG it was love at first taste! The only thing better than that is chasing it about half hour later with 6 raw eggs, yolks only lightly broken and mixed with about 1 cup of grapefruit juice. The damn underwent complete collapse today, and I feel so ready .

Rating: So, Squat Bar, I heard you wanted to talk to me...
Paul McKirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 AM   #53
Yuen Sohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul McKirdy View Post
The avocado train had stopped, but started back today with a passion.

What's better than avocado for lunch? Two avocados for lunch. What's better than two avocados for lunch? Two avocados sliced into 6 wedges each then their skin peeled off and wrapped in rare roast beef. First time I ever did this, and OMG it was love at first taste! The only thing better than that is chasing it about half hour later with 6 raw eggs, yolks only lightly broken and mixed with about 1 cup of grapefruit juice. The damn underwent complete collapse today, and I feel so ready .
Right on!!

It's been on-and-off between me and the avocado as of late. It's time I picked up the phone. Baby come back!
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #54
Paul McKirdy

Light day today.

Pre-Dinner Warm-Up: 1 Avocado, sliced into 6 wedges skin peeled off and down the hatch! Almost did the second one, but had a really really nice big 1# grass fed ground beef and 8 natural egg dinner with a spinach topper simmering in duck fat that arrived today in the new 12" cast iron and self-basting lid that also arrived today. OMFG, satiated doesn't describe it. Rest day tomorrow is going to be sooo relaxing.

Duck fat(Courtesy of Jay Cohen):
http://www.hudsonvalleyfoiegras.com/shop.html

And it is just as delicious cold off a spoon as coconut oil, actually even more so to my tastes.

Rating: wow...
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 AM   #55
Yuen Sohn

07-Aug-2008
Dinner
Might have been a hass

Had a Mexican dinner last night. Our appetizers came with a small dollop of guacamole. Once we got a sampling of that cool, creamy goodness, we just had to order more. A perfect complement to my garlic shrimp and her carne asada.

So my coach wants me to look into 6-day a week training until the end of October:
At this point your technique is solid (not perfect, but good enough) and you only need to make some improvements to your overall bodily strength in order to be able to handle heavier poundages. You should consider a six day a week program with three "power" days and three "technique" days. We can discuss the details next time we meet. If you follow a program like this I think you could do 95-115-210 at the Mets.

I'm going to have to up the ante with my meals. Duck fat. MMMMMMM.
Yuen Sohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #56
Paul McKirdy

Breakfast today:

6 eggs very lightly mixed and very lightly cooked then diced up a bit, and then a whole avocado sliced and diced thrown in. Olive oil and seasonings, with a splash of tobasco. Heaven!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #57
Frank Needham

I recently discovered this highly transportable and high quality method of using avocado: http://www.calavo.com/refrigerated.php
Just cut the corner off the package and voila!, you've got a squeeze tube of an amazing nutrient that can readily be put on meats, veggies, eggs, whatever...available at Sam's Club, don't know where else.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:30 AM   #58
Paul McKirdy

Dinner last night:

More eggs and avocado with spices and olive oil. I think I might be addicted already...
Old 08-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #59
Paul McKirdy

post-supper: 6 eggs lightly very lightly scrambled and a whole diced avocado with olive oil and a splash of tobasco. this is getting very very addictive.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #60
sarena kopciel

Just saw this, would sub the sugar to 1/2 the amount of agave perhaps but not making it anytime soon!

Just like the avocado references!
sarena kopciel is offline   Reply With Quote