Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 09-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #31
ryan mac

It was tough times getting out of bed this morning. But I persevered. As you might guess, this didn't have me optimistic about my lifts. As mentioned many times over, preconceived notions are usually wrong, whether good or bad. So the lifting went well.

Squat: These are still feeling good. I plan to continue to go up in weight. It would be great if I could hit 200+ before I stall.
185x5x3

Press: It didn't surprise me that I couldn't complete the work sets. I will probably re-set this weight. I kept the weight and reduced the reps
120x3x3

Dead: I was feeling good, so I went up 10lbs from the previous WO. I wanted to hit 300lbs
300x5

The weight is still accumulating, both body and bar. I will just keep chuggin' along.
ryan mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
ryan mac
This message has been deleted by ryan mac.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #32
ryan mac

199#'s I have been nursing a very stiff back for the past couple of days. It loosened up a lot yesterday with the help of some advil. This morning was in jeopardy. However, when I woke up I felt good to go. I really wanted to do this WO since I will be out of town for the next 5 days.

Squat: Still feel good on this. The weight was heavy, but I really didn't feel like I was going to miss. In fact, on the last rep of the last set, I did a 1 sec. pause in the hole. I didn't have too much of a problem standing up. It didn't hurt to watch some Ripp vids on Friday of last week talking about hip drive.
190x5x3

Bench Press: This is my second time to complete all reps at 180lbs. I might be able to go up 5lbs on the next one, but I might miss too. I guess I need some washers
180x5x3

Cleans: Out of time. Due to my travels I was more interested in spending the morning with my daughter and son. No big deal/

I'm happy to keep going up in weight on the squat. It's the focus of my work. As long as that happens I will be happy. Finally, my squat has handily passed my bench, so that is good news right there. I'm definitely accumulating some fat around the mid section. I'm also noticeably bigger in my chest, upper legs and glutes. The wife even commented. Things are going as planned.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #33
ryan mac

Off my game here for a bit. But i'm ready to roll again.

I'm going to mix it up a bit and incorporate some CF type stuff to keep the conditioning in better order. It was really tough to ride hard the past couple of times due to the added weight and no conditioning work.

Sept. 23rd
MTB ride 18miles. Hard pace

Sept. 25th
5 rounds for time 135lbs
15 dead lifts
12 hang power cleans
9 front squats
6 push jerk
I scaled to 95lbs. I stopped at 3 rounds as this was my conditioning wake up call.

Sept 28th
Race at OCNP
16 miles
Flat on first lap, while running 10th. Dropped chain on second lap as I did not secure my wheel well enough. Had to stop down for another repair.

Sept. 30
TNSS - Great ride
18 miles

Oct. 1st
26.5 miles recover road ride. Avg 16.7 mph.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #34
ryan mac

Oct. 5th
Sansom race.
8 miles and then I had unrepairable tire failure
Coarse was super difficult.

Oct. 7th
Fran as rx'd
9:58

Oct 8th
24 mile road ride

I am going to do a hybrid program for a while. I need to add back in some met con. My conditioning went to shit on SS as expected. But this is the beautiful time to ride, so I need to get my conditioning back.

Going to mix MetCon, Strenght and Oly work. Lowering caloric intake to around 4k give or take. A little cleaner paleo.