Home   |   Contact   |   Help

Get Our Newsletter
Sign up for our free newsletter to get training tips and stay up to date on Catalyst Athletics, and get a FREE issue of the Performance Menu journal.

Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Training Logs

Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #621
Allen Yeh

November 14 - 16, 2008

Drill weekend - nasty Army food and rainy shooting ranges. Fun!
Allen Yeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #622
Derek Simonds

Nothing quite like shooting in the rain. I don't get to the range often enough.

So you were pulling for Lesnar I see. BTW I don't think I would have taken the bet if it was 100 Burpees. No in fact I am pretty sure I wasn't that committed. Since you were at drill I doubt you got to see any of the fights. The undercard was absolutely fantastic. There were so many good fights I don't which one was my favorite.

Everybody back to their normal schedule after the Disney trip? It usually takes our family a week or two to get back to normal.

http://westvolusiawellness.com/
Derek Simonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #623
Arden Cogar Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Simonds View Post

So you were pulling for Lesnar I see. BTW I don't think I would have taken the bet if it was 100 Burpees. No in fact I am pretty sure I wasn't that committed. Since you were at drill I doubt you got to see any of the fights. The undercard was absolutely fantastic. There were so many good fights I don't which one was my favorite.

Everybody back to their normal schedule after the Disney trip? It usually takes our family a week or two to get back to normal.
I'm still in shock about the fight.

And I'm doing a Disney Cruise in February - a weeks worth of cheat meals should do me wonders.

Allen did you train while in Disney?

All the best,
Arden
Arden Cogar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #624
Allen Yeh

Quote:

The range was F'ed up but eh what can you do. I was steaming on Saturday in regards to the OIC of the range and they crap ass way it was being run. Woosaa....

I caught some clips when I got home on Sunday but it's hard to find full fights now online.

I got back on schedule pretty easily, the kids took a bit more doing. Laurie is still catching up on sleep I think.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #625
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Cogar Jr. View Post
I'm still in shock about the fight.

And I'm doing a Disney Cruise in February - a weeks worth of cheat meals should do me wonders.

Allen did you train while in Disney?

All the best,
Arden
Hunter had actually requested a Disney cruise to begin with after watching something on the Travel channel about them. The Make-A-Wish volunteers however were able to get him psyched about the trip to Disney World though.

I did a quick flexibility routine on Saturday morning + a short metcon, and then the WL'ing session I did at Leo's place on Wednesday night. Other than that I'd stretch here and there, nothing crazy. A lot of walking at the parks of course.

I'm still kind shocked about the weight loss. 194 the Thursday before I left, 188 the Thursday after I get back. Very weird. My wife thinks it had to do with all the walking....but it's not THAT much walking.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #626
Arden Cogar Jr.

Dude,
I gotta tell you, but for me, the Disney Cruise is like 1000x better than Disneyworld. The kids go into their own clubs where they don't want to leave, so you and wife are left alone to do your thing. The clubs give you pagers and when the kid wants you, the clubs page you. We've gone twice and both times the kids wanted nothing to do with us except to take them to the shows at night. Otherwise they ran like banshees and played with like minded kids in their clubs.

First trip, I gained 11 pounds in 4 days - the food was killer. The gym was okay. Second trip, I worked out every day as the gym was revamped and actually had dumbells up to 70 pounds and a ton of machines. It was like they doubled the size of the workout area in less than a year. Wishfully thinking, I've got my fingers crossed for some free weights (heaven if there's bumpers and a platform) this trip - however, free weights on a boat is sorta problematic.

Oh, the one trip to Disneyworld (2004) resulted in a wonderful saying for my wife and I. I was instructed to say the following any time she inquired about the possibilty of pregnancy - "Disneyworld 2004."

All the best,
Arden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
Hunter had actually requested a Disney cruise to begin with after watching something on the Travel channel about them. The Make-A-Wish volunteers however were able to get him psyched about the trip to Disney World though.

I did a quick flexibility routine on Saturday morning + a short metcon, and then the WL'ing session I did at Leo's place on Wednesday night. Other than that I'd stretch here and there, nothing crazy. A lot of walking at the parks of course.

I'm still kind shocked about the weight loss. 194 the Thursday before I left, 188 the Thursday after I get back. Very weird. My wife thinks it had to do with all the walking....but it's not THAT much walking.
Arden Cogar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:10 PM   #627
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arden Cogar Jr. View Post
Oh, the one trip to Disneyworld (2004) resulted in a wonderful saying for my wife and I. I was instructed to say the following any time she inquired about the possibilty of pregnancy - "Disneyworld 2004."

All the best,
Arden
That is some funny business.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #628
Derek Simonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Yeh View Post
The range was F'ed up but eh what can you do. I was steaming on Saturday in regards to the OIC of the range and they crap ass way it was being run. Woosaa....

I caught some clips when I got home on Sunday but it's hard to find full fights now online.
Were you guys on the long arm range or pistol? Was it just practice or were you having to qualify? I took Jr shooting a couple of weeks ago and the highlight of the day was him shooting a ruger mini 14 .223. He of course loved it. My mom is taking all of the grand kids to a NRA range instructor next month for a mornings worth of training.

Here is a link to Dustin Hazeletts fight this was a very good one.

http://www.10thplanetwatch.com/2008/...-video-ufc-91/

Old 11-18-2008, 04:04 AM   #629
Allen Yeh

Quote:
Were you guys on the long arm range or pistol? Was it just practice or were you having to qualify? I took Jr shooting a couple of weeks ago and the highlight of the day was him shooting a ruger mini 14 .223. He of course loved it. My mom is taking all of the grand kids to a NRA range instructor next month for a mornings worth of training.
M16's and M9's qualification, it's pretty irritating that we don't get time on the range just to practice. The only times we go are for qualification.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:44 AM   #630
Allen Yeh

November 17, 2008
*no fast*
BW = 188

1. WU
Eric Cressey Warmup Option 2:
SMR using massage ball thing - thoracic extension, quads. IT bands, hip flexors and pecs
lacrosse ball - calves, glutes, infraspinatus, arch roll ~0:15-0:30
warrior lunge kneeling stretch - 0:15L/R
hip external rotator stretch - 0:15L/R
bird dog - 8L/R
x band walk - 10L/R
rocking ankle mobility - 8L/R
scap pushup - 12
wall slide - 12
levator scapula stretch - 0:15L/R
high knee walk - 5L/R
reverse lunge w/ postolateral reach - 5L/R
walking spiderman - 5L/R

2. Strength
Not feeling great today, very nauseous.
Burgener WU - 45 x 1
back squat - high bar - 45 x 5, 95 x 4, 135 x 3, 185 x 2, 225 x 1, 265 x 3, 265 x 3, 245 x 3, 225 x 3, 185 x 3, 185 x 3, 135 x 3, 135 x 3, (nauseous and lightheaded)
(2-3 minutes rest)

snatch pulls - 185 x 1 (lightheaded)

3. Cardio

none - felt like crap

Notes:
-Maximum Strength - phase 1 - lower body day 1 - week 3 - high intensity
-What a crappy ass day, I felt slightly nauseous going to the gym and thought I could work through it, yeah right. Not sure WTF was up with me.
-Back squat - each set I just felt worse and worse, I dropped the weight waaaay down and worked on keeping an upright torso
-snatch pulls - Thought I was going to pass out after 1 rep, and DONE