Go Back   Catalyst Athletics Forums > Training > Other

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
Liam Dougherty Springer

Default startin CA WOD

I am a novice lifter at best and just got done a strength and mass gain phase of trianing which has left me longing for some real Oly lifting experience. I am ready to start the CA WOD....

I really don't want to wait for the next macro cycle and I am worried that if I start on a Bulgarian cycle I wont have allowed for enough recovery since I have just finished this High Intensity strength phase. I was thinking of takeing a week or two to do some stability and form work with some moderate and low intensity and just enough heavy lifting to be sure I am holding on to my newly aquired strength and mass. I also have a Certification with Coach Burgner coming up in Febuary and I am excited for some hands on learning... Does it make sence to wait for the second strength cycle in the current Macro? One bennifit would be that I would be attending the cert before the first bulgarian cycle (2nd in the macro but my first). I would honestly like to follow the WOD that is being posted for the sake of fun and community as I have been on my own rescently and while I enjoyed it I would love to follow a herd for a while. However I am open to the suggestion of following the back logs.

Any way I am hopeing for some suggestions and experience with regards to begining the CA WOD and am willing to answer any questions which may be helpfull.
Liam Dougherty Springer is offline   Reply With Quote